Smart Locks for the Uk

Hi Can you tell me about the virtual keys please? if i issue one to someone and then take it back or if i issue one for a time limited period, do i get to reuse it or doe i have to pay their rip off price of 2.99 to buy another?

I have this same lock installed here in London. I have been able to get it working with Lock Code Manager with the "keyWe Z-Wave Lock" driver. It's still clunky, but basic functionality is there. Nevertheless, RFID tags are still a manual operation on the lock itself, although they do work realiably, and ARE re-usable @mdwaring .

1 Like

Sadly, I have never been able to get hubitat to read the lock code user/name information back from the lock for entries and exits. I'm guessing this is a bug (@mike.maxwell ) on the hubitat side, because the information is there and gets logged when the lock is installed to SmartThings.

Yeah that driver was chosen automatically, but I changed it. I really cant remember why TBH. I'm going to set it back and give it a whirl. Cheers for that.

Based on the following comments from Mike M. You probably want to be running this version of HE too: Release 2.1.9 Available

Yeah I was already on a higher version than that, so maybe a bug....

Same here. I just tried getting the Lock Codes off again to Notifier, and still no go. I can get the simple lock events, but Lock Codes never seems to trigger a notification. @mike.maxwell ?

I now see what the issue was with this.

The default is a 10 digit code for codeLength, mine is 6 (and supported by the lock). But if I hit configure, it changes this back to 10.

you have to change it via the actual lock, the driver codeLength command doesn't update the codeLength on the actual lock

1 Like

Good to know @mike.maxwell, thanks. But doesn't that beg the question, why is it there? :slight_smile:
Or, are you able to update that with some locks?

don't remember honestly...

1 Like

Hahaha, brilliant :smiley:

Just good to know that it doesn't trash the one I set :+1: Thanks @mike.maxwell

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.