Smart (Heating & Air) Registers

Hello Again All,

I was researching smart heating and air registers and found very little out there. Does anyone have anything currently running actively on their Hubitat?

Thanks
Matt

I don't have any (yet), but I've kept an eye on Keen smart vents since their inception. Here's the main site:

There's some threads on the forum. Here's one I found with some pre-purchase Q&A.

is one app out there for controlling the vents.

I'll have to say that I hate my Keen vents. The battery seems to only last about 4 weeks on mine (on all 4 of them I have). So I feel like I'm replacing batteries all the time.

I'm doing a couple more trials to see if I can improve it, such as adding more zigbee repeaters, but if I can't improve battery life I will likely rip them out and put traditional vents back in.

Wow for that price, that is discouraging.

I think so too. Seems like they lasted a LOT longer when I had them on SmartThings, but maybe I'm remembering wrong...

Since on Hubitat I am positive I've replaced the batteries every 3-4 weeks.

My 2 cents is:

1. I get about 1-2 years on batteries
  2. They help regulate rooms that go overboard (too hot/too cold), but can't help on ones that aren't getting to where you want
  3. Fun to play with, but I don't see the ROI.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.