Smart by bond

I have a fan controller that uses the "Smart by Bond" platform.

Universal-Smart-Wi-Fi-4-Speed-Ceiling-Fan-Remote-Works-with-Google-Assistant-SmartThings-and-Alexa from Home Depot

I tried using the bond home integration, but it does not seem to find the device.

Has anyone know of a way to get this working?

In the bond app when you click on the hub how many devices does it say are associated?

When I open the bond app, there is just one device. I do not have a hub.

As far as I know it should work with that if you enter your smart by bond info for the hub information. Beyond that I, unfortunately, don't have a device to test with

Maybe take a lookHere

I have it working, but there seems to be a problem with getting the device ID: here is device list from curl output:

curl -H "BOND-Token: [mytoken]" -i http://[myip]/v2/devices
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Length: 39
Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8

{"":"83777720","1":{"":"f1013395"}}

If I hardcode 1 as the device ID in the function getDeviceById, everything works.

outputting ${deviceId} at the line that calls this function reveals it is sending: "1={_=f1013395}"

I am not sure how the data is actually being parsed as I am not that familiar with JSON, but it appears there is a problem with that.

As long as I can hard code it, seems to work great though.

Just an update in case someone finds this, works now with the code at the link posted above by njanda.

2 Likes

Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but I don't where/what to fix in the code.

The app itself is able to locate my fans, but I am unable to do anything with the devices from Hubitat (i.e. they don't show up on Hubitat's Device list).

Thanks in advance for any help!

It should just show up under devices after you add it. The app was updated,so you should nothave to change anything in the code now. Is it selected with a check mark in the drop down menu in the app?

I need some help as well - I have the devices in the device list and can get the fan into the dashboard tiles. The attached light can be controlled in the devices overview, but there does not seem to be any template that allows switching the light on/off or dimming it.
Any ideas?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.