Small suggestion to Improved Hubitat Elevation C7 Hub. It can be done!

How about removing ALL the LEDs on the HE? I don’t need a bright glowing light to tell me its working

3 Likes

Under Control Look GIF by KidsEffekt

Actually maybe Hubitat should market 50+ different hub SKU's each with a different color for the LED, plus this request - without any. Then we as a user can choose which one fits in best with our surrounding décor. Again would cost pennies in hardware to implement as no extra circuity required at all :wink:

6 Likes

I'm fairly confident this will not happen anytime soon as there doesn't seem to be a good cost/benefit but I don't work for HE so can't say for sure.

If you want something NOW then you could simply have an RPi zero or equivalent + eInk display and pull stats using @thebearmay 's awesome HubInfo driver. That would provide a lot more comprehensive info potentially and you'd have a secondary companion server available to run things like HomeBridge etc.

4 Likes

You are forgetting that there are other fees involved. One change and the following has to be done. FCC certification, Z-wave certification, UL certifications. Not to mention the cost in redesign of the main board costs (paying the engineer, paying the manufacturer to update their method etc) It is NOT as a simple as changing out an LED. I will also say that Hubitat Inc knows better what to do with their product and how to achieve it.

5 Likes

A lot of forum users are saying it would be expensive to add these extra LEDs to HE C7.
From what country is the Hubitat HE C7 Hub being manufactured? China or USA?

1 Like

That doesn't matter. See my reply above? Regardless of manufacturing origin, other costs come into play. There could be an .001 cent difference in the cost of the led, the redesign would be expensive. From the hardware, to the coding, to the certifications. Hubitat is not going to release something that isn't certified.

2 Likes

You are correct but in addition to user programmable LED's AND adding other enhancements like Zigbee / or Z-wave external antenna connectors it only the cost of upgrading HE C7 .

Again ... Hubitat HE C7 Hub being manufactured? China or USA?
Does anyone, on this forum know this answer?

1 Like

I think everyone knows the answer (including the poster). Let’s not let this devolve. Reminds me of another thread where someone kept insisting that 4K=5MP and couldn’t give it up. Not useful.

Just want to keep the community civil (and perhaps more importantly useful) as this community is one of the reasons that attracted me to HE (in addition to its excellent capabilities of course).

8 Likes

Hey! Where did you get a pic of my ex-wife from?

2 Likes

This is really strange. The actual Hubitat HE C7 Hub does not have any markings on the bottom of the HE C7 Hub tag indicating the origin or place of manufacturer. There are no markings on my shipping box either. When there is no tag proudly stating "Made IN USA" then HE must come from offshore CHINA. All I am stating any additional enhancements to HE C7 is dirt cheap.

1 Like

Again, no they are not. See what I said above. There are other costs involved. Did I mention retooling at manufacturer? What part of this do you not understand or are you simply being deliberately obtuse?

1 Like

@bobbyD Can we get a derailment fix here? This thread is contributing nothing.

4 Likes

As a rightful owner of Hubitat HE C7 and trying to find answers for my HE applications and to have An Ambassador call me a troll is a mark of unprofessionalism.
Forum moderator - please sanction the offending party.

3 Likes

Thank you for your suggestion. I like the idea and have forwarded your request to our engineers for future consideration.

6 Likes