Small Door/Window Sensors

Hello!

I am looking to add some door/window sensors to simply know whether they are open or not. I have a few already, but they all seem to be rather large and not very pleasing to the eye. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which sensors work well and are as small/invisible as possible?

Thanks
Markus

super expensive thou.

2 Likes

Hm. Yes. Those seem to be very nice. I need to look into that more.

Only thing is: $60+ for a single sensor? Wow. That really adds up, if you have a big house. I probably need 30+ sensors. :grimacing: :open_mouth:

Markus

Have you looked at the Ring contact sensors? They're smallish, and they're ZWave so you can pair directly w\ the HE, you don't need Ring at all.

I'd also recommend the Nyce Zigbee Door/Window Sensor, they are very small but still a bit pricey.

2 Likes

I would recommend the strip too. I'm going to start playing around with Aeotec Door / Window Sensor 7 Pro

1 Like

When it comes to open/closed sensors that you will never see Sensitive Strips are great and so are the Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor 7 if you are ok with drilling holes. I’ve been happy w/ both of them.

2 Likes

Are these new? I never came upon them in my searches a few months ago. I went with NCYE and am really happy with em, but dang those strips look awesome.

I believe they have newer versions of their devices, but sensative strips have been around for a few years.

I had a sensative strip that I first got when I was using Smart Things. When I switched over to Hubitat, no amount of unpairing / pairing / resetting / hokey pokey / cursing would get it recognized by Hubitat. I finally ended up just throwing it away and getting something else. I know other people have been very happy with them. But... darn that was an expensive issue. It was a very cool little device, though, and I loved how invisible it was.

1 Like

If you can find them (they come and go on Ebay) the Visonic Mct-340 door sensors are small and very dependable. There is a version that is branded Xfinity that is essentially the same sensor. Small and sleek. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Xiaomi/Aqara sensors are very small, and can be had for < $10 ea if you're willing to order direct from China and wait 4-5 wks. The downside is their Zigbee implementation doesn't always play well with others. I have all my Aqara devices on a dedicated network using the Ikea outlets to repeat, and my other C7 zigbee network runs my more mainstream Zigbee devices.

I just switched out all of my Aeotec door & window sensor 7 pro's for Nyce contact sensors. Nyce sensors are very small, I think the smallest you'll find. The best part is they use a CR2032 battery that's not a pain in the butt to get a hold of. 1/2 double AA that show up DOA are no fun to waste time with. My Aeotec sensors went through good batteries fast on high traffic doors. I'm not sure who else sells the Nyce's they are sold out on Amazon, I just bought them all few days back.