Slow web interface

Interesting.... Ever since applying the 2.0.9.133 hot fix yesterday my response time has improved. You can actually see right around 11:30pm when I applied the update yesterday it drops and stays lower. Not sure if this is just a fluke but I am not complaining. Also there seems to be less variances throughout the day. There have been no other changes to the hub or any new devices added/removed.

Looking at the changelog I do not see anything that could have affected the performance. Even the duration of maintenance seems to be shorter.

Yesterday:

Past 24 hours:

1 Like

Yes, I'm seeing a dramatic reduction as well. Since the update, I've not had any notifications, except for one that was during the maintenance window right after reboot (which the script doesnt cater for).

Mine showed the same since updating to 2.09. It's been a few days now and since swapping from Maker Api pulls to the Influxdb Refresh you shared, I no longer have any spike in the maintainence window. Smooth seas so far.

After having issues with my Zigbee radio dropping and support recommending a soft reset, there was another side affect. Not only has my Zigbee radio not gone offline, but my response times are even better!. Even the maintenance period seems to be shorter.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, what steps does a ZigBee radio "soft reset" involve?

The soft reset actually erases the hub. Basically you go to the below URL and it will allow you to erase the hub and then you just restore from a backup. You do not need to erase the stick, which has all the device info on it.

http://hubip:8081/resetHub

So is it correct to say the backup will restore all devices and all rules, lighting and locks and the safety monitor?

It only restores the automations (including HSM), not devices. The devices are stored on the stick, at least on the C4 hub. Not sure about how it works on the C5, but I would imagine the same way other then the radio is internal now. So when you perform a soft wipe the devices are not touched.

1 Like

Fantastic, thank you!

I'm doing this tonight and I'm certain I need it because my ST hub has become the faster of the 2 hubs.

From when I left ST about 7 months ago, the speed has dramatically increased, but in no way should it be faster than HE.
I have all my shitty osram bulbs and Sylvania gardenspots on ST, since they are not mission critical. Oh and my Halo+ smokes are on the ST hub, since hubitat does not support the nws alerts on these devices. I digress....

There's plenty of discussion about bulbs and that it's a good idea to have their own Zigbee network so as to not interfere with everything else Zigbee. Using Hue, a 2nd Hubitat, or as you've done, a "spare" ST hub (although cloud) helps, I imagine.

I only did it after support found that the database was corrupted, I was still surprised that this could have affected my Zigbee radio. If you haven't already I would contact support and they can take a look at the internal logs.

1 Like

This is exactly why I replaced my Crees with Sengleds.

I had basically just started with my newly install HE and was getting this issue—extremely slow load times on the web interface. My HE had just the official Amazon Echo Skill, Hub Link (to ST hub), and Rule Machine for apps (no custom apps) and just GE Z-Wave Plus Dimmer and GE Z-Wave Plus Switch (from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Botched1/Hubitat/master/Drivers/) for custom device drivers.

I discovered, in looking at the details pages for one of my devices, that it had somehow gotten an orphaned Rule Machine child app associated with it. This “orphan” did not appear as a child app under Rule Machine on the apps page, but it did appear on the device details pages for the associated devices. My guess is that I aborted the process of creating a RM child app partway through at some point, but Rule Machine left that orphaned child app behind.

Immediately after I deleted that orphaned RM child app by linking to it from the device details page (as the orphan didn’t appear under Rule Machine on the apps page), my HE performance went to normal (i.e., pages load quickly), and it has remained normal for about 12 hours now.

Can’t prove a relationship here, but I would guess one actual root issue causing these slowdowns may be within the official RM app or may at least be surfaced from some other source by RM. Some earlier posts on this thread mentioned that they have only apps A, B, and Rule Machine or apps X, Y, and Rule Machine… it seems to be a common factor and may be one culprit.

2 Likes

My web interface is slow also and seems to get slower the longer it goes after a reboot. I have tried all the app disables, etc.

@hans.andersson You mentioned a device that said it was associated with a rule that didn't exist. I have some that say they are connected to an app or rule when they have been deleted from that app. How would you clear that from the device? Don't know if that's the problem, but can't hurt.

@j715, for orphaned rules that show up in device details pages, I just clicked from there into the orphaned rule and then deleted the entire thing. For other apps, this approach may not work.

Just took me 15 minutes to create this simple rule. Everytime I clicked on something I had to wait from 5 to 15 seconds before the next selection came up. Frustrating. I have done all the things suggested above and nothing speeds it up.

1 Like

Do you have a netgear switch attached to the hub by chance? If so, reach out to support, they may have a fix for you.

No on the Netgear. I have an Asus router.

Chuck.schwer contacted me and pushed some change to my hub. It helped a whole lot. Gonna see what happens over the next few days, but so far it looks like it worked.

Patrick, you mentioned in the live chat the other day that certain router chipsets were having this slowdown issue. Is there a list of which of these chipsets are having this issue?

No list of choosers, we know that certain Netgear and Asus devices are effected and the fix works.

We are tracking this and applying a fix as we get reports.