Slow Hub when there is an update available

I may be way off here, but I have owned hubitat for a while and have experienced slow responses from time to time. What seems really odd to me is every time there is an update to the hub waiting I experience a slow hub. I don't see the update waiting until I restart my hub. Once I see there is an update waiting the hub functions normally.

It may just be coincidence, but it is every time.

Has anyone else experienced this?

1 Like

Have not seen this. I had the last update waiting for a few days (I only do them on the weekends).

Yes. I noticed this quite a while ago. Every time I check the hub when it slows down, there's an update available. I kind've just wrote it off as being something that's going to remind me to check for updates, or something in my head, I guess. But yes. I've been on hubitat for about 2 years now and noticed that almost from the start.

2 Likes

My guess is that the timing is somewhat coincidental. Others have reported that their HE hub's performance degrades in performance over a period of time (often ~2-4 weeks.) I believe that this timing may somewhat coincide with how about often Hubitat releases new firmware. This is purely my personal hypothesis.

4 Likes

I thought it was all in my head so I've just been using it for a way to look for updates. Unfortunately my wife gets all frustrated when the lights don't work.

I wanted to believe this as well, but to be honest It happens every single time. I am not saying you are wrong, but it so odd.

Do you religiously keep your hub updated with all of the hot-fixes that follow a firmware release? If not, then that would explain why you always have an update pending. Again, just a hypothesis.

That's just it, I don't see any notifications until I notice my hub is running slow and then I reboot it.

I keep hearing about hot fixes is this something you need to install outside of firmware updates?

No. Hot fixes are just revisions to the firmware. The last three digits of the release represent these minor fixes. For example, v2.1.6.118... 2.1.6 is the main release number, and the 118 is the latest tweak.

1 Like

Oh OK thanks for confirming that for me.