Skybell HD

My only complaint is they're locked down pretty tight, no IFTTT, open api, etc. But for my needs I have POE camera's covering my house, so the video part of the doorbell isn't a necessity but more of an add on if I need up close footage at my door, at which I can retrieve from storage if needed. But the phone still goes off like all the others when the doorbell is pushed and you have live 2 way video voice communication. Otherwise I use my POE cameras to notify me of anyone around the house.

The only thing Skybell did have over Zmodo was the color night vision, but my POE cameras also trigger my porch light to come on so night vision on the zmodo goes back to day with the porch light on, even though the night vision quality isn't that bad, plus the phone app has a gyroscope feature that turning your phone side to side pans the doorbell camera

Anybody have any clues how to use the ST -> Alexa -> Hubitat route (or another) to trigger a recording on the SkybellHD from Hubitat? I have it working in the opposite direction, so that motion on the Skybell can trigger actions on the HE (by using ST cloud integration to report the motion through the Alexa skill which flips a virtual switch).

I can trigger a recording from the Smartthings app with a tap, but can't figure out how to expose that capability to Alexa and therefore HE. I had considered setting up a routine in the ST cloud but the recording doesn't seem to be available as an action there either...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.