Siren on Konnected Panel will not sound

I have recently replaced my old alarm panel with the Konnected Smart Panel. I have 3 sensors connected and these all work fine. I have just attempted to add a siren (it is a Bosch Internal Screamer that uses 150mah). I have connected red wire to + and black wire to -.

Once armed the sensors activate but the siren will not sound. The red light on the Konnected panel does not light either so does appear to be activating.

I have attached a screen shot of the device settings. The Konnected Driver seems to have it set up so that if I select any of Both, On, Strobe or Siren that it shows as Both for alarm. Should it show as this? I know there was a bug fix in Oct 18 for: * Hubitat Safety Monitor: use only "siren" and "strobe" commands, not "on".

Unsure if it is anything to do with this. Any advice greatly appreciated.

You've left off quite a bit of the device edit page. Can you post the rest please?

If it has in the preferences the low trigger option problably you need a relay connected to konnected and your siren to the relay and a power supply, what is the voltage required for the siren, 12 volts? The only small siren I seen work without a relay is this

20190309_143041-473x477

Ah...the Bosch internal screamer isn't a siren, it's a piezo buzzer. Not going to work the same a regular 12v siren will. The buzzer is activated by sending pulses to the device to get it to make noise. Not by sending a steady stream of current.

I don't know if Konnected supports piezo sirens. I would suspect not since that is a 12v device but connected pins are 3.3v. So, you would need to wire a transistor into the 12v line to the buzzer to get it to receive 12v pulses.

@vjv please add a "not to scale" tag to your image. That looks huge on my screen.

Take a look now, but it is just a buzzer

:grin: I was kidding.

Lol, it's 12v, use this connected to konnected:

And a 12v power supply

Edit, i found this, if you are using konnected board then it has the 12v out, I'm using the nodeMCU board.

https://help.konnected.io/support/solutions/articles/32000022621-wiring-a-siren

Thanks Ryan, I have reattached a few screen shots below. Hopefully this helps.

Yes I should have mentioned this. It is a piezo screamer - 6 - 12 volt 150ma. The new Konnect Alarm panels have a 12 volt (well at least that is what I understand) dedicated alarm + & - to attach the wires too - so didn't think I would need to use the 5v relay but maybe I should. If I take the black wire out of the - and attach to the Aux - the piezo screamer sounds instantly and continuously so I thought it should work ok. Nothing in the 'events' suggests HSM had attempted to sound the siren. Hope this extra info helps. I have the panel on the left.

Thank vjv, sorry for the multiple replies. I should have done in one :confused: This link makes it sound like the Alarm + & - is a 12v supply. I think I am just going to have to try the relay though.

It should work without the relay, and with the relay you will have to use another output instead aux or alarm, do not connect the relay to those 2, they are 12v.

Thanks vjv, appreciate your help. It still won't work. I have submitted a ticket to Konnected. When in devices I can click on, off etc and nothing happens. I wonder if there is a bug in the driver (or maybe it is me). But seems odd it works fine when attached to Aux + & - but not the alarm section.

When I went with Konnected I had to replace my siren (was an analog siren). I used this since it was cheap and confirmed to work.

what are people using for the dashboard tile for this as it is not a switch according to the dashboard.