Siren 6

Why is there only one device showing with the new Siren 6 driver? Shouldn't there be a separate Chime device added as well?

What hub software version are you running?

1 Like

its 2.2.5.131

1 Like

In the device type drop down items 19 and 20 should be Aeotec Doorbell 6 and Aeotec Doorbell 6 Component Button. Further down the list, items 29 and 30 should be Aeotec Siren 6 Component Chime and Aeotec Siren 6 New.

Once the device is paired you will probably have to play around with which one of these is right for you. I have a Siren 6 with the add-on button which then technically means I have a Doorbell 6. Unless something has changed recently, the add on button pairs to the siren and doesn't actually show up in the device list. Once the button is paired to the siren, you go into the device settings and configure "Chime" tone number and volume.

In actuality, if you so choose to, you can have any of the tones play as the "chime" when the add on button is pressed.

I am using this for my HSM set up, therefore I need to have both The Siren & Chime. Since there is only one device showing now, can I add a virtual device and choose the chime setting for that?

That idea didn't work either, I could only have one device associated with Siren 6. I read somewhere that with the previous versions of HE, it would show up as 2 devices