Sinope Water Valve with Flow Sensor (FS4220/FS4221)

The specifications page for the flow sensor now explicitly shows the ZigBee valve as compatible. This is on my wish list for 2023.

1 Like

Other interesting new Sinopé Product:
Multi-controller with 2 inputs, 2 outputs, temperature, humidity, possibility to connect an external temperature sensor, powered by 12v/24v, micro usb or batteries. I never seen anything like this before!
Specifications MC3100ZB Multi-Controller - Zigbee | Sinopé (sinopetech.com)

And I found on their documentation page a Zigbee Ductless Heat Pump Interface for which there is no product information elsewhere on their web site. Intriguing!

@mike.maxwell I hope you have good contacts with Sinopé :innocent:

3 Likes

I have the MC3100ZB and the driver for it is almost complete.
And yes, it supports an external temperature probe.
Very cool product.

4 Likes

Is the RM3500ZB device going to be supported as well?

Yes

3 Likes

Temptation of the 15% discount motivated me to act sooner. Committed to the valve and flow sensor, even though the sensor is not yet supported in HE.

With the temperature probe as well or just ON/OFF feature. Thanks.

Whatever they send me!

The new valve with flow sensor support might still make the 2.3.4 release...
The MC3100ZB will be in 2.3.4

5 Likes

Hoping the RM3500ZB will at least work as a generic zigbee switch until we have full support.

That's great news Mike. Thanks!

FYI: I've watch the youtube live tonight, If you want to be fancy, know that the accent in the company name make's it pronounced as "Sinopey". Sinopé products are designed in the french canadian province of Quebec :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

hahaha, I was going to mention it to @mike.maxwell in a PM but there you go. I actually work 2 buildings from them and can see there signboard all day long, would this be considered subliminale messages to buy there products? :thinking:

4 Likes

Talked to Sinopé's tech support ( for details about their BF WE deals) . He pretends Hubitat's will support only RM3500ZB in ON/OFF mode. Probably he refers to Generic Zigbee.... remains to be seen...

I don't see why Mike could not add temp and water detection as those are usually standard Zigbee protocol messages. Of course the part about making sure that the water temp does not go under xx° C or F could also be easily implemented in the driver (this would be ideal), it will most likely have to be implemented via RM or some custom app.

I have met with them (Sinope) a few times at expos and each and every time, was told that sure, HE is a good hub BUT you should use our hub to get better integrations. So each time I tell them that they should have a local API and let HE make a bridge app, then maybe I would consider one. For now all the functions there hub does I can do via custom apps with HE so sorry, will not buy one of your hubs today :frowning: :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I use Sinopé Load Controller for driver or Moisture Sensor to have temp sensor (Celcius)

5 Likes

Should receive mine tomorrow, at least we will be able to use it until a proper driver comes out!

Received mine. Will give it a try between Xmass & New year.

@mike.maxwell did Sinopé send you a RM3500ZB Water Heater controller?

They even have put Hubitat logo on the box!

Can't wait to add this to my power saving routines.

4 Likes

they haven't as of yet, though Ive asked for one...

3 Likes

@mike.maxwell I reached out to Sinopé tech support to ask that they send you one. We'll see... :crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes