Sinope Water Valve node-red from HE7 to He5

I have a Sinope Water Valve hooked to a C-7 (latest firmware, updated today) with the displayed flow (notes as rate).

I want to pass that specific info to my C-5 (firmware 2.2.3.119) through node-red.
I can pass variables like temperatures from various devices (ecowitt) from C7 to C5 (maker api)

But I'm unable to pass that rate variable (even I can see the rate FROM the C7)

What will be the NR instructions to pass that value from C7 to C5 ?
sinope water valve

As you can see, the C5 variable is noted as a virtual temperature sensor (there is no valve rate on my C5).

Why node-red? Why not use Hub Mesh?

Anyway, if you must use NR, you’ll need a custom virtual driver that supports rate as an attribute, and has a command like setRate to set the value of that attribute.

The Hub Mesh route would be simpler, but will require that both hubs be on the same platform version.

1 Like

I use NR because I already use it for various purposes (integration of hubitat units, industrial PLC (modbus) and serial devices (volt meters).

Because my C5 is running ok, I don't want to update the firmware (I had problems when I did it)

but I wonder why a virtual driver?
Isn't it "just" a message that needs to be translated under NR, converting one value to another?
I have lots of parameters that are "other" values that become temperatures, by simplification (and I can change the attribute and replace the unit in Hubitat with another.
will submit some example later
thank you

Update.
In fact, when I use some comversion between devices through NR, I convert in Hubitat (prior to NR) a value to a temperature (whatever parameter) into temperature. The NR gateway transmits this parameter (temperature) between devices and I use it in the new Hubitat.

I'll probably convert the Sinope rate (C7) to a temperature (virtual sensor), send it through NR and use it as "temperature" in my C5 (with a label as L/min instead of C)

Found my solution !

C7: Sinope.rate => virtual temp sensor
C7: Rule : virtual temp sensor = Sinope.rate if changed
NR: exchange temperature sensor (C7) to temperature sensor (C5)
C5: display and use virtual temp sensor (and display L/min unit

NR C7 flow to virtual temp sensor

NR C5 virtual temp sensor