SINOPE Thermostats 15% off plus savings from BC Hydro

I will look into it, I belive I know what it is causing this.

1 Like

Right, it's the Estimated Cost I'd like to see displayed on the tile. I'm guessing it would have to be as a Text Attribute, or Variable Number Attribute?

Variable number

1 Like

Hello all,
Refreshing this post as I have recently been in contact with Sinope customer support on a couple of issues. the first was a lock out of the buttons on one of the thermostats, they pointed me in the correct direction, which was find my reading glasses as I didn't note the "lock" indicator on the display.
The other issue was if I could get firmware files to upgrade the FW, if required. I was informed that the only way to get FW updates is to have their hub or send them back to them and they will do it in the factory.

I suspect this is due to the possibility that the end user could brick their thermostat and then they have to deal with the calls and emails ranting about how the FW broke the Thermostat. I am sure they could place a button on the FW d/l page that indicates you accept the risks of doing this yourself (I know just like the User Agreements we all just click "agreed" on and don't read).

I am a proponent of these thermostats but a little less so now that I am aware of this restriction. I thought I would just let others know in case you are in the market. I am also curious if Sinope will have a firmware update that will address anything to do with MATTER or will MATTER even affect these units when it hits the street (e.g. security).

I was informed that on Zigbee the hacker would first hack your hub then move to the devices if they wanted yet, from research on line, it is possible to hack a device and use that as the entry point into your hub and then further downstream.

any hooooo there you go.