Sinope Tank Level Driver Not Giving Meaningful Results With Sinope Oil Tank Gauge

Old school method. Open tank top once a yr before cold season....put broom handle down to see how much is left.

Maybe get a monkey to automate it...

That was helpful seeing as I've spent the money on a sensor and gauge.
Hey, it's not a wine cooler I guess.

1 Like

It was meant in jest obviously.

I've been dicking around with the stupid thing too long. It got me cranky.

1 Like

Yeah that will work

Excellent.
Let me know where.
I'll mail it on Monday.

I got the sensor back from @mike.maxwell , and running through its paces before dunking it in the fuel oil.,

There are some problems with the revised driver, as far as I can see.

I put the gauge pointer at 0, 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%,
75% consistently reads 62%.

I can't get any numbers between those quarterly points.
It might be because you have to wait 10 minutes before the Sinope sensor sends another reading, but it gets friging time consuming. Maybe I'll try again tonight.

Anyway, based on what I've seen, I'd say that if the table approach was used, as discussed in the Propane Level Monitor thread, it is not granular enough.

That, plus 75% always being wrong. Just tip of the iceberg.

A formula vs. table approach would have been better, if the table approach was indeed used.

Still not ready for prime time.

@mike.maxwell ?

Yeah, i pretty much tested every point between 0 and 100 percent on all three heights.

How many points per scale? Did you use the table approach?

I can't get any intermediate readings (bet 0, 25, 50, 75, and 100, with 75 always reading 62.

edit: I just managed to get a 30 (round number), so that's something.
Do you do every 10%?

Well, it goes right from 100% to 62% when it should be 75%, amongst other flakiness.
Through wasting my time.
Chalking it up to another expensive lesson learned.
Unless someone else can get this unit integrated properly, or I switch platforms, this will likely be its final resting place:

well if you're going to bin send it back to me for more testing when i rewrite the driver.
I certainly didn't observe anything like what you noticed, but that's rather meaningless at this point.

Ok.

Let me know when you want it.
Note: It still hasn't gotten oily, lol.
Note2: Maybe you should get Sinope to send you one. :slight_smile:

Would you like me to send it back now? I would like it back at some point though, after you've finished the driver re-do. Preferably before next winter :slight_smile: .

sure, that would be great, thanks.

Will do.