Sinope firmware version?

Hi, am using the Sinope drivers published by @samuel.c.auclair . i use them the thermostat and heat controler products. But i cannot seem to find if there is a firmware version element on the available variables. I contacted Sinope and they told me they don't publish firmware updates other than thru their zigbee controler. So i would like once a while to contact them and compare their latest to mine. Unless someone knows how to update the Sinope drivers automatically :slight_smile: thanks

Hi,
Up to my knowledge, this is not an information share by Sinope, so I don't know how to get the firmware version of the device. However, honestly the only reason that Sinope will update their firmware, up to my knowledge, is maybe to add capability that is outside of the standard Zigbee 3.0 standard so they can implement special feature or optimized communication with their hub.
None of those update will benefits users that use hub other than the Sinope hub.

3 Likes

all right thanks!

If you switch to the built in driver from hubitat, there should be an update firmware button on the device page,

If Hubitat stocks the Sinope OTA files that should work for you.

Not sure Sinope is in there though;

But you can try!

Thanks. I contacted Sinope and they said they were not publishing firmware updates and we had to go thru their Neviweb. Sounded pretty restrictive so i gave up.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,
I bought 2 TH1300ZB thermostat 2 years ago, I bought the first one and when I confirmed it was working fine in my environment (which was Homeseer with Conbee II and JowiHue Plugin), I've bought a second one. But I eventually notice that both device was not working exactly the same way. It was probably the settings, but I notice that both device wasn't on the same FW version. The first was on version 1.1.9 and the second was on version 1.0.9! So I've tried to find the FW upgrade and I've got the same answer : to get the latest FW update, it needs to go throught their Neviweb hub.
So 2 weeks ago, I got the possibility to get access to a brand new Neviweb hub that one of my friend want to setup, so I've setup the hub for a try on my own network and tranfer the thermostat on the Neviweb and tried to upgrade them to the latest version.

There is no upgrade features available directly on the hub itself. I've chat with the Sinope Support and they tell me that you just need to wait till the device upgrade by itself and it may takes 24 to 48 hours to get the update and the support guy confirmes that version 1.1.9 was the latest FW version for the TH1300ZB. So I've waited for 48 hours and suprisingly, it shown in Neviweb that both thermostat was on FW version 1.1.9. No information in the Neviweb logs, but it show version 1.1.9 on both devices when you look in the device information.

So I've switch back both devices on my Homeseer, now running with Zigbee2MQTT and it still shows version 1.0.9 on the first one and 1.1.9 on the second one. I'm a bit confused!

So I'll give another tries to transfert the device which is version 1.0.9 on the Neviweb hub and wait for a few more days to see it there's any changes.

You can see a difference depending on the thermostat build date. I have thermostats that I’ve ordered at the same time and they have different firmware builds. But as Samuel mentioned, it’s not going to make a difference to their operation or features available to you.

The primary differences I found are between the versions that were G2 and the former non-G2 versions. They operate identically, except for the way the G2 version dims the display. It never actually goes completely dark, which the former version you could make it do that. Other than that, they operate identically.