Sinope Dimmer - Double Tap Function?

Could be a bug in the driver will look into it.

Using 2.3.4.115 - any chance to get doubleClick events from SW2500ZB? In the logs I see only ON->OFF or OFF->ON events, no double clicks, no ON->ON / OFF->OFF (so I can't use workaround like calculating time between ON and ON to consider it as a double tap etc.)...
Any ideas?

double tap is only supported on the DM2550ZB

Hi @mike.maxwell, maybe you can reconsider having a look at SW2500ZB for double press event. I still have a GT130. I paired back one switch and Neviweb allows to create automations on double press UP/DOWN.

Also, according to the spec sheets, all Sinopé switches and dimmers should report their consumption. It could be a great addition for future driver versions.

** I can tell that the consumption graph is available in the app but since my switch is paired for a few minutes and it drives only a led bulb, I can't see data.

Thanks for your work, always appreciated.

But I need it for SW2500ZB :slight_smile: How can it be done / how can I help?

With very few exceptions we don't synthesize button events.

Ok, got it. But the native GT130 hub can process double press events of the SW2500ZB somehow - see the screenshot above.
If they are synthesized, how can I catch let say two consecutive ON events in the Hubitat hub?
Another question - is the SW2500ZB Hubitat driver source code available?

I would just purchase the newer model and repurpose the existing unit. Even if you pay your self 5 bucks an hour to write a custom driver you would be ahead by purchasing a new one...
Source code for that driver is not and will not be published.

I would like to, but unfortunately, there is no newer model. Dimmer does not work for me because I use smart lights...
Maybe you can suggest some workaround? Connect via gt130 somehow to get these events?

The use case is very simple - using double clicks I want to manage smart light settings (scenes / colors etc). Unfortunately, gt130 won't do arbitrary calls to custom REST endpoints (for example), so I've bought Hubitat (because SW2500ZB is in the list of officially supported devices)... And no luck again :slight_smile:

You want a ledgit button controller something like a zooz zen32. And if youre not controlling the load with the dimmer you sure can use the dm2550zb for the button events as it wouldnt work any differently than a switch in this use case.

Then I need to replace 19 switches :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.