Simplisafe Status on Dashboard

Hi All,

I am very new to Hubitat and switching over from ISY. I read through a couple of threads on integration with Simplisafe but missing how to add the status to the Dashboard. I am sure due to the lack of my understanding of how Hubitat works overall.

I have Simplisafe added as a Device and it is showing States correctly. What I am missing is how to add it to the Dashboard since it is missing from the devices list. Can someone give me a dummies guide of how to add it? This will help me solve this issue and help me learn so I appreciate your patience with me.

It sounds like you need to go to the Dashboards in the apps section and give the specific dashboard access to the device(s).

Welcome to the community!

How about this:

After you've added your new device and checked it's working properly on it's device page.
Go from the Device Page, to the App Page, to the Dashboard list, to the desired Dashboard; then add the new device for use with that Dashboard.
Then go to that Dashboard and add a new Tile for that device.

1: Add device to Hubitat. Device Discovery
1a: Check operation
2: Add new device to Dashboard App. Choose Devices
3: Add newly added device to Dashboard. Add Tile

1: Device Discovery

1a:Check operation

2: Choose Devices

3: Add Tile

Dashboard_v_4_Editor_-_Add_A_Tile

Thank you so much! I was completly missing the concept that I had to go to the Apps --> Hubitat Dashboard --> My Dashboard and acutally select the device. I was thinking I just clicked on the Dashboards section, my Dashboard and then add the tile which also added the device. Make sense now.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Hubitat world, from another former ISY user. FWIW, I simply could not be happier after making the switch many months ago. Hope your experience is the same!

Thanks Madcodger!

It’s been a breath of fresh air to have the devices just work so far. Dashboard is operational and looks better than anything I’ve put together in the past and it seems like I’ll be able to integrate/automate everything once I’ve switched to zwave/zigbee.

Very frustrating that I’m left with so many Insteon devices an no way to control them. Expensive loss. Not being able to purchase a plm 2413s killed my entire system. Sad that so much was reliant on a single point of failure like that. I never even thought about it.

I’m also beyond pumped I don’t have a plm taking up my receptacle anymore. Haha. Small wins!!

Looking forward to the future again with home automation!

1 Like

how did you add it as a device?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.