SimpliSafe DTH

I've been running my hub with Simplisafe for four months and from the beginning every day have a hand full of these in my log but it doesn't seem to reflect as a problem with the handler actually doing its job. When I first started using the handler I spent a day trying to get to the bottom of it but didn't coming up with an answer so gave up and now ignore them.

I know not much help but you're not the only one seeing them.

Hello Team,
I'm new to HE, and not a coder... also not timid with technology. That said, can't get Simplisafe to talk to HE at all!!

I verified: HE talks to the internet, the app works on my phone and geofencing works. Simplisafe talks to the internet, I can stream my cameras and use the phone app.

In the Simplisafe app:
What should be the username? On my Simplisafe account, I have an email for login, then a forum username, then an account# (which is also the device code of the base station). Which one should I use for username in the HE app?
Any hints on what to select for the Simplisafe version on the HE app? (I don't mind some trial and error to figure this one out, seems it'll be easy to solve if I get the rest working. )

Could my router be blocking the outgoing traffic from HE to Simplisafe? Do I need to open a port?

Thanks
Carl

I have Simplisafe working in a device. However, I can not get the "Status" or "Alarm" to show the state of the current "Status" or "Alarm" in a tile on my dashboard. I really don't need to set it from my dashboard but I would like to see the current status.

currentStates

Select the Attribute template then from Pick an Attribute select the alarm or status attribute.

1 Like

Hi all. I have read and re-read this thread a few times and just can't figure out how to make the following work---or if it's even possible:

I want to set the state of Simplisafe (Off, Home or Away) based on HSM status and/or have Alexa enable Away status as part of a routine.

I see the Simplisafe device and it accurately reports the status, but I can't seem to "connect" the device in any meaningful way for automation. What do I need to do? Is what I'm asking possible?

Thanks!

Here is how I use HSM to set SimpliSafe. HSM status is the trigger. The Actions are simple conditional statements.

Here is an example of how I used a custom action to change the SimpliSafe state.

Thanks. It's the second step (Capability of HSM Status) where I am getting lost. I simply am not getting it for some reason...but I do think this is what I am looking to accomplish!

Yep, it's the custom action to set Simplisafe state that I cannot follow...

Not sure how to help there but I'll try:

Select custom action Set Mode, Variables .... -> Run Custom Action
Choose Presence
Select SimpliSafe
Then select "Away", "Home" and "Off"

Does this help?

It does help. Thank you. However, mine doesn't look like yours - looks like it is a step-down condition....

You are choosing "IF (Conditions) Then" instead of "Simple Conditional Action"

Delete all those Actions to run.
Then Select Condition Actions from the drop down
Then select Simple Conditional Action. You'll be prompted for the condition and an action. In the action is where you setup the custom action.

That did it! Wow, I never would have gotten there without your help - I have not used custom actions before now.

Thank you!

1 Like

I see others are having a similar issue as I am with getting SS to actually connect to HE. I've not been able to find a resolution for it. I'm using SS3. Any advise on how to troubleshoot would be fantastic. Thanks!

Here is what my log is saying:

dev:652020-08-07 06:30:06.500 am errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'respAuthHeader' on null object on line 260 (poll)

dev:652020-08-07 06:30:06.072 am infoExecuting Login...

dev:652020-08-07 06:30:06.071 am infoToken Time has expired, excecuting re-login...

dev:652020-08-07 06:30:06.067 am infoChecking to see if time has expired....

1 Like

@homeauto2112, is this still working for you? It does not work for me. I am told that SimpliSafe updated their API calls which broke this connection. Are you seeing that too?

If so, any chance of updating it?

It seems to still be working for me, except the occasional Unauthorized on line 206 (poll) which is then followed/caused by the token expiring and then regaining the token, which was done successfully around 5 minutes ago.

Dave, were you able to overcome this? I'm getting the same thing. Not sure what to check since its just not getting the response back from SS. Tried different versions (SS1, SS2, SS3,) also tried different logins in case that was the problem but none seem to matter.

1 Like

Looks like "legacy API" was shut down in Feb 2020, but I can't figure out if there's a new/non-legacy API or not.

So, I had this working perfectly. I changed my simplisafe login email and password updated it in the device and now I get the following error...

dev:352020-09-03 05:12:46.685 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'respAuthHeader' on null object on line 260 (poll)

dev:352020-09-03 05:12:46.420 pm infoExecuting Login...

dev:352020-09-03 05:12:46.053 pm infoExecuting Login...

dev:352020-09-03 05:12:46.050 pm infoToken Time has expired, excecuting re-login...

dev:352020-09-03 05:12:46.047 pm infoChecking to see if time has expired....

Anyone have a clue where to begin?

Add me to the list. I had to change my SS Password, and now I'm no longer able to connect through hubitat. Same error as the others

1 Like

Hi all - I was able to create the Rule Machine entry for Simplisafe and HSM status synch.
However, I couldnt find any mention if anyone was able to integrate Alexa (or other) into controlling the Simplisafe alarm setting (home, away) via Hubitat. I am using SS2 version of Simplisafe (which doesnt have out of the box integration with Alexa).

Edit: Nevermind...I found it. Need to create virtual switches so Alexa can see them and then create an RM entry to trigger based on the virtual switch status.