Simpleish rule help

Apologies if this is not the correct spot for this but was wondering if someone could help with my rule. Goal is to basically close all my shades, wait for them to all close, then check to see if any are still open, if so send the command to close it until it finally takes. My confusion is is there a way to specific only close the blind that is currently not in the correct state?

It will send the command to all shades, which shouldn’t be a problem.

Instead of an if condition, you could setup the rule with:

Repeat every 0;01:00 while Living Room Shade 3, Living Room … open

END-REP

If the rule doesn’t end-up working, turn on logging and post the logs so that we may understand where the issue might be.

There is no command to only close shades that are open at least in the way you have it written. If you wanted to do something similar, I would modify your repeating actions into three simple conditionals:

If Shade 1 is open, close shade 1
If shade 2 is open, close shade 2
If shade 3 is open, close shade 3

1 Like

not sure why i didnt think about that, i may add that to cut down on excess commands once i get This working, thanks!

make since, will do thanks!

1 Like

I would worry about putting hub in endless loop if one or more drop off net or dont respond. Probably limit to 3 tries and report. But really if they intermittantly dont respond ... time to do some mesh maintainence

Can you give some advice on best way to do this? These were working flawlessly via the app but now have began to become unresponsive unless i ping and refresh them then they work again (shows last check in 12+ hours ago). I've already got 15ish inovelli blues as well as 5 inovelli fan controllers (blues) as well as 9 liptech presence sensors (with ikea repeaters attached). ive sense told hubitat to rebuild the network and seems like that particular issue started after doing that.

Also looks like the rule failed at the delay (logs look like its a 1h delay but confirmed in app its only 1 minute)

Also updated to repeat 3 times and made it stoppable

Why an hour delay before starting. As for mesh issues what kind of device zigbee or zwave.

A workaround, but you could add this as part of your rule…

how would one do this? ping/refresh arent listed actions and not sure how to make custom one (no options load) my apologies im new to hubitat.

No worries! We were all there once!

Chose the “Run Custom Action” command. It should provide all the available commands for the device. For “Refresh”, no parameters are required.

So tried adding some stuff finally and all shades opened today! but looks like its stuck in a loop of just trying to open everything. Any ideas where i went wrong?

Its like my IF condition is remaining true the entire time, but i've gone though and checked all shade status are Open currently not sure why its showing true

Does Hubitat show as open in the device page for each blind?

I had one found 1 that was listed as “partially opened” instead of open, which is wrong and I’ve since fixed but shouldn’t have affected the rule as it’s set to only be true if it’s in a closed state.

Did a bit more testing, looks like a lot of my issues now are the blinds are not responding. The refresh doesnt seem to be helping, but Pinging then refreshing works (altho may take a few tries) this also seems to be preventing the shade from correctly relaying their position and exiting me out of the loop. Is there a way to ping the device via the rule machine?

Once i got them all to display the correct status

What type of shades are these? Zigbee? Zwave?

Zigbee. And yes there is an inovelli blue, ikea repeater, and a plugged in presence sensor within 10 feet of each shade

It definitely sounds like you have a mesh issue even with all those devices nearby.

1 Like

What would be the best way to remedy it? I’ve already rebuilt the network

When is the last time you rebuilt your network? Have you added any new devices since then? I'd think a 20 minute power down (How to Build a Solid Zigbee Mesh | Hubitat Documentation) is probably in order at minimum to see if new routes can be built over the next 24 hours.

It’s been about a week, i'll do it again just to rule it out. How does powering down for 20 minutes differ from the rebuild option in the settings?