Simple Lighting Question

In Simple Lighting I have a scenario where if a door opens then turn on a deck light and turn back off after 5 minutes. It has a restriction to only do this only if my nighttime switch is on.

So the light comes on ok, but if the nighttime switch happens to go off (as intended) before the 5 minutes expires then the light never goes back off. So my question is this right? The restriction will stop the logic even if in the middle of execution? In Simple lighting there doesn't appear to be any cancel on truth change selection.

I would suspect that the schedule entry to turn it off doesnā€™t get set because the conditions arenā€™t re-evaluated. Simple lighting is meant for those ā€œsimpleā€ scenarios without all the features of Rule Machine. I have had to move several simple lighting items to RM because of this. I would suggest creating a rule instead.

And... in the RULE (not a trigger, not a triggered rule) make sure the rule/condition is that both the Door is Open AND the Nighttime Switch is On.

This way, if the Door is closed or the Nighttime Switch turns off, the light will turn off as well.

I rarely use Restrictions, as they interrupt logic from happening.

Had a rule with a timout mess up this morning also. Thinking it is probably related to that update where the delay wasn't available. Even tho this rule had already been created.

Trying now to get the latest update.Tried last night 3 times and the download kept stopping. Got to 93% once. Tried 2 times this morning so far. Maybe the third time will be the charm.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.