Simple indicator dashboard tile

I don't know if something like this already exists, I can't find it if it does. But I think a lot of people, myself included, would benefit from just a simple indicator tile that would basically be used with a virtual switch but only to indicate the switch's position, not actually control the switch.

For example, I have a virtual switch on a dashboard that turns on when it's a certain time of day and the cat hasn't been fed and turns off when the cat has been fed. Currently I use a regular virtual switch tile for this but I visually don't need to see it as a switch tile and I don't need to be able to manually control it like a switch either. In fact it's a little confusing that the tile is presented like a switch because you wouldn't actually control the switch. I just need to see whether it's on or off. But I also would like to use different background colors for a virtual switch like this, acting add just an indicator, than I would a virtual switch that is actually being used to control something. So a tile for an indicator could have different colors for on/off than a switch tile.

I wrote a little ‘status switch’ Driver a while ago where on = any text and off = different text
You can also have different colours for each ‘status’
I use it for at-a-glance checking of my washer
I.e
Red ‘Running’ and white ‘Not Running’ on a dashboard
I already have it on the website for when we open it

Andy

2 Likes

can You share Your code? :slight_smile:

It will be available soon on my members website

Andy

1 Like

Can it do multiple devices at once? Would love a tile in the top corner of the dashboard that shows what doors are open or what lights are on etc.

That one is a device - not a tile
However; you can easily add a few of them
(32 actually in theory) to a ‘Super tile’
(One of my apps for putting multiple device attributes on a single tile )
All my apps & drivers will be on the website when it’s finished

Andy

1 Like

If you search for super tile on the forum there is a post which tells you what it does

The app sounds great! How will this work? Will it be a paid subscription? Pay per download?

It’s all free
Atm I don’t plan to charge for anything

Andy

4 Likes

Please yes an LED style indicator would be useful

Just came across this post...

Tile Master can switch background colors based on status and if you choose to, it can also control the device. :wink:

1 Like