Simple Event Logger

Hi everyone,

Is there any alternative to this ST Smartapp?: [RELEASE] Simple Event Logger - Community Created SmartApps - SmartThings Community. I know the developer @krlaframboise is also very active in Hubitat, so please try to port it to HE. I used it to log my home's events and would be a terrific tool in this new system.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

I will have a look at it in about 10 hours if nobody else hasn't.

I don't believe this was ever ported. Be aware that if you have a very busy system with lots of logging taking place, other smartApps that do similar functions have been known to cause performance issues on HE hubs. Influxdb logger is an example of this.

I (and many others in the community) have successfully used the event websocket available in our hubs to extract logging and events to databases and/or spreadsheets. It does require another system like a raspberry pi or PC to run NodeRed.

See this thread for details.

2 Likes

Is this what you're looking for?

I have it almost working. Some last things I have to do. But my time for today (GMT+2) is up. Tomorrow another day.

Ok, I'm going to have to park it for another time. I thought it would go pretty easy but it didn't it's actually one error after another... So I'm going to leave it for the moment since my personal priority lies somewhere else. Sorry.

Did you ever get back to it?