Simple Automations bug

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

When you add/edit your devices to control What do you want to do? * always changes to turn on and set colour, see video of this. Happens in Google Chrome even in incognito.

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/411213?key=6915815b0f01b382ffb4a4f663209fc9

@bravenel

I had something similar, on 2.2.1.116, where any SA rule that has a dimmer in the selection the choice would default to/change to turn on and set level. Even for rules that were previously turn off. I had to verify every SA rule I had on all my hubs because things were going nuts. Unfortunately I never reported it to support as I was heading out of town.

1 Like

Would you post the screenshot of the rule so I can try to reproduce the failure?

Yup seeing this also -- if it has a RGB light then it switches to turn on and set colour

Normal on/off switches do not have this problem if the list only has those in it.

1 Like

Same here

1 Like

Good cause I thought I was going nuts here since no one else was posting about it.

2 Likes

I've found this bug. Fix will be in next release, most likely a hot fix to 2.2.2.

Thanks for bringing my attention to it.

2 Likes

This is actually the third separate post since 2.2.1. I figured 2.2.2 would have fixed it.

1 Like

Thanks @bravenel

The first link is unrelated to this bug. The second one is.

1 Like

Sorry, thought I was grabbing this one

We both replied to it and I chalked it up as to be taken care of. Apparently Bruce is human. I’m glad he found the issue.

3 Likes

@bravenel does the latest hot fix .123 have this fix? I didn’t see it called out in @bcopeland’s release notes.

yes it does

3 Likes

Generic Dimmer
With a Simple Automation Rule
At Sunset
Set Level Dimmer Level 65.
Device console, "POWER":"ON","Dimmer":65
Just after that.
On the device console I get a
POWER":"ON","Dimmer":31
I cant find what is sending it. Its not set anywhere I can find.
Is this the same bug?
Is there any way to see the code that the Simple Automation Rule generates for a device?

Not the same bug...

See if the device is linked to another app by going to the dimmer device in question then scroll down and make sure its not triggered by another rule.

It is only set in one rule

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.