Simple Automation Rules turns 4 lights on at sunset but only 2 off at 10:30

I can't figure this one out.. I have a simple automation run that turns 4 lights on at sunset and should turn them all off at 1030 PM. All the lights turn on fine but only 2 turn off at 10:30.. any ideas why?

I can try to enable logging and check again tomorrow morning

What types of switches are they (zwave/zig-bee/etc)? It may be a problem with your mesh rather than the rule itself. Maybe check the device and test responsiveness.

I have this problem when acting simultaneously on a large number of bulbs.

I guess that it is due to the way orders are relayed on the Zigbee (in my case) net.

I solve it by moving to rule machine, separating the commands by bulbs (or group of bulbs) to individually turn off each of them, with a delay of 2 seconds between commands.

This has solved it for me.

Turn off on/off optimization. Perhaps those two that fail are not good at reporting their status. You can test this by just temporarily plugging in different times. Don't wait until tomorrow. The times don't matter to what is going on.

1 Like

I have kind of the same problem but rather that sometimes one of my Philips Hue bulbs doesnt turn on or of. I think what may cause this is that I have some Philips Hue bulbs that are connected through my Hue gateway and then synced with
my Hubitat and some IKEA Trรฅdfri bulbs conected straight to Hubitat.

Just wanted to follow-up on this in case it helps someone else.. this seems like it's been working - turning off the "on/off optimization" setting. I'm not sure what it does and I think it's enabled by default (I don't remember enabling it) - but haven't had any issues with lights not turning off after disabling it

Same here. If I need to change more than just a couple of things at once I'll use a group or a scene and use the metering option to add a small delay between each command being sent. I've found that 50ms seems to work really well for me and the delay is not really noticeable.

2 Likes