Simple Automation Rules issues after updating

I'm having this problem as well. It's extremely frustrating as I was using this for most of my automations. My symptoms are identical to the OP and none of the suggested fixes work.

@bravenel is there any update? I emailed support as well several weeks ago.

We are investigating....

Any update? This is really frustrating.

Still waiting. I agree, very frustrating. Wouldn't mind a way to manually delete all the simple lighting stuff and start over...since I already deleted all my configuration for that. It's starting to look like the only way to fix it is to start completely over, and I have a lot of devices I'd have to re-pair.

I did a soft reset to get back to factory default. Reinstalled all the devices and re-setup the automation rules.

Took 2 days of off and on working on it. But not having them was worse.

The fix for this is going to be in release 2.2.9, now in beta. There won't be a release with a fix prior to that.

You don't need to remove all of your devices, as this problem has nothing to do with devices. I don't know what all you have setup, but it is possible to remove all of Simple Automation Rules, or any individual rule. Use the gear icon to the left on the Apps page, and in lower right corner, remove app.

I already removed all of the Simple Automation Rules. That's what I meant...I already removed all the rules I had, so it'd be fine if there was some "click this button to REALLY get rid of all the Simple Automation Rules and start fresh with Simple Automation Rules", vs the weird mess it's in now. It still shows up double when I go to add a new built-in app, and neither works. If I start over from scratch, I'd hope that would work...but then I'd have to set EVERYTHING back up again.

So you completely removed SAR, and when you go to create a new SAR rule it shows Error 404?

Could you post a screenshot of this please, of the Apps page.

Don't do this! See PM I sent you.

Already did. Post #5 on August 13. It still shows double, just like that.

OK, sorry I missed that. One of them should work. Are you sure that neither does?

Would you try to open the top one, and give me a screenshot of what happens.

Could you do that with a Logs tab open, and post what, if anything, it logs.

When checking logs:

Same log when I have the live logs open. Anyway, here it is, you can see me uninstalling then installing again.

Thanks...

I'm now on 2.3.0.116 and still having this issue. How can I resolve?

This is an old topic, and it's been months since I've looked at this. Please be specific about the issue you are having, and don't assume that I know anything about it for the past. Turn on logging in the rule and post a screenshot of those logs (not copy/paste) that show the problem occurring.

Sure - I was one of the original reporters back in September. I submitted a support ticket, with all of the relevant details and those details are all the same with the exception that I'm now on the version stated in my previous comment.

Simple Automation Rules, simply don't work. I have several rules set up to execute based on a specific time, or an offset of time from sunrise/sunset. Daily, these fail with NullPointerExceptions reported in the logs. These rules were working well for me until I updated my Hub's software back in September. They have been broken, consistently, ever since.

Attempting to access the App, it leads me to a blank page:

Thanks for the help.

You will have to remove this app instance, and create a new one. Something happened to corrupt that instance.

When adding a built-in app, I have two choices:

The first brings up the same screen I saw before:

The second gives me an error when attempting to create a new rule: