Sigh 🤨

Thousands of dollars worth of home automation stuff in my house and this is how I handle raising my office light brightness

7 Likes

You push it with a piece of a rack system?

I don't even have a dimmer in my office, just a switch. I can reach it if I scoot back about a foot and lean back in my chair. But usually if the light is off and I am already sitting I will tell my Homepod to turn it on :grin:. Normally comes on with a motion sensor but I have it restricted at night so if I am up late I have to turn it on manually.

Get another Pico?

Yeah I have this rack plate I still need to install, just been lazy. I don't have any voice activation going on simply because I hate talking to my home pods (or previous echo/google stuff) outside of adding something to the grocery list while I'm cooking. Once I put that plate on the rack, I'll likely never be able to change the brightness on that pico again because I won't have anything handy to push the button with..... I'm doomed..

2 Likes

No school like the old school!

Can't do that, I only have one rack blank handy...

I understand completely!

I have a big fan in my master bedroom, and I purchased that Hampton Bay (Bad zigbee) control a year ago.
One of these days, I'm going to put it in...
One of these days, I'm going to put it in....
One of these days, I'm going to put it in...

(If I say it enough times to myself, I 'll do it... I hope!)

1 Like

The nice thing about Pico remotes is that they can be used nearly anywhere. My dining room as three entrances: from the living room, from the kitchen, and from the great room. The electrical wiring was set up with a two-way switch.

No problem. I installed a Lutron Caseta dimmer in one switch box, a Pico remote in the second switch box and have a third Pico mounted on the wall where there is no switch box.

A Pico does not even need to be mounted. You can leave a Pico loose on your desktop. It will take up a lot less room than your rack cover plate.

Oh I'm aware lol...

2 Likes

I was pretty sure you were aware of the versatility of the Pico remotes, but some other forum members might benefit.

The racking plate also works anywhere in the house....:joy::joy:

1 Like

But I thought you had kids! What the heck are they doing that they can't run into the office whenever you need them and change the dimmer level.

Something wrong in that house.

:dizzy_face::wink:

5 Likes

I don't have the patience for home schooling so the state makes me send them to school.... Stupid laws...

5 Likes

One of those claw shaped back scratchers will probably work, and you accomplish 2 tasks with one device!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.