Show us your rack! (No not that one!)

Am in the running with 7 Hubitats?

4 Likes

Not really, most of us who do this just wanted to segregate duties as some of the community cloud based integrations are known to be a bit sketchy due to being ST ports (eg Sensibo).

I give up, you win! :vulcan_salute::rofl:

Yes, but that also guarantees you are single (or will be soon). :wink:

6 Likes

Not likely!

2 Likes

I have 9.

1 Like

For 1 house? :flushed:

Currently im running 4 production hubs, soon to be 5.
Its more of a distance thing as we have 5 buildings over 1.2 acres. All of them are connected via ethernet.

6 Likes

Anyone want to talk about racks again? :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I'm cooking a rack of ribs Monday on the Traeger. Does that count? And want a picture???

6 Likes

Yes and yes :+1:.

2 Likes

Nice. What's the name of your cult, and where do I wire my life savings to join? :wink:

8 Likes

A little updating.....

4 Likes

neat stuffs right there.

1 Like

This implies you have the same amount of hubs for testing stuff,..,. :rofl:

actually almost twice that number...

8 Likes

I have to regrettably mention that there will be no Traegered ribs today. The Traeger is in the garage, garage door is at South side of garage, and there is a nasty storm blowing and raining in from the South. Wife is doing a spiral ham in the oven instead.

Picture is kinda crappy but my wife had bought me some Nano leaf light strips last Christmas and I hadn't known what to do with them until now.

Also my 8 year old daughter bought me a little tool box this year to keep my "cat stuff" in.

7 Likes

This is my , work in progress

Putting hubitat inside of a case alongside to the orange pi 5 ( Frigate NVR )
Also adding node-red in raspberry pi 4 and esp32 based external monitor/reboot thing.

Struggling with injecting non rack equipment, like hubitat, but hopefully keystone patch panel will help me to make it accessible.

Thank you for the inspiration. Good thread

3 Likes

Just remember, with the c7 you can't extend the antennas outside of the rack so essentially mounting it in a rack like that is like putting it in a farraday cage. Now if you use a c8 you can get antennas to mount on top of the rack while keeping the hubitat mounted inside.