Show us your rack! (No not that one!)

Ok son helped me lift servers into rack during thanksgiving.

Rack upgrades complete. Thanks for the ahem prodding to neaten my office and the hole in my wallet.

7 Likes

Holy crap, is that a router or a starship? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

those are two routers.. main and backup bechind it i can switch in for failure.. obviously and unfortunately cannot put routers in the faraday cage

Get extension cables with clamp mounts. You can clamp the, around the perimeter of the rack

It's W.O.P.R - would you like to play a game Dr. Falken?

3 Likes

How about a nice game of chess?

4 Likes

A few of these on mounted on the outside top of the rack with antenna extensions

2 Likes

Here is the other type of rack. Old school wired zones with a mix of old (Yamaha mx-1000 recapped 80s vintage amp with newer 2nd amp and yamaha flagship preamp with zone selection via wifi/app) Anyone else running a similar setup?

2 Likes

Is there a particular name for those brackets? I might want those but can't find them

A Google search of "antenna L bracket" seems to get good results.

1 Like
2 Likes

My humble submission is still a work in progress, but an improvement over having various devices scattered across a table.

This weekend, I relocated power and coax to allow everything to have a fixed (if not proper) home.

• Arlington TVBU507 recessed outlet wall plate kit
  • Eaton TR7765W outlet with dual USB (HE plugged in directly)
  • Cabinet cutouts - access to wall plate and pass cables between sides
  • 3 x 3/4 "Smurf tube" conduit to the attic for future runs of network cable.
  • Unifi Cloud Key for cameras - currently only pulling data from Wi-Fi cameras.
  • Network switch (POE) - not yet connected, just stuffed in there

There is still plenty of work to be done, but the room can now be used for holiday guests. Separating HE power means that it will be unaffected when my wife's laptop drops off Wi-Fi and she flips the outlet strip switch to reset it..

6 Likes

Almost done! Just waiting for the multi filament loader for the M5.

8 Likes

I gotta get some Rackstuds like you have. So much cleaner!

What are the three 1u devices under the printer?

You have redundant DACs for the 48pro or are they going to other things?

Clean setup

What’s purpose of having 2 Hubitat hubs next to each other?

1 Like

One is LAN integrations only with radios turned off.

I also don't have this setup anymore.

Why couldn't one do both?

What's your current setup?

Load.... A lot of people like myself and @markbellkosel84 and so many others have 2, 3, 4, and even 5 hubs broken up for different duties. I have 2. One with external antennas which is my main hub, and have a second for testing. I use hub mesh for rules checking.

3 Likes

Three Dell Optiplex 7070 Micro's in some Racknex shelves to access the rear io and connect to a Cisco switch in the rear.

1 Like

I've been trying to find a small and attractive shallow server to add in mine.