Show us your rack! (No not that one!)

One is LAN integrations only with radios turned off.

I also don't have this setup anymore.

Why couldn't one do both?

What's your current setup?

Load.... A lot of people like myself and @markbellkosel84 and so many others have 2, 3, 4, and even 5 hubs broken up for different duties. I have 2. One with external antennas which is my main hub, and have a second for testing. I use hub mesh for rules checking.

3 Likes

Three Dell Optiplex 7070 Micro's in some Racknex shelves to access the rear io and connect to a Cisco switch in the rear.

1 Like

I've been trying to find a small and attractive shallow server to add in mine.

One can. I don’t have a huge house, but have never had a problem with Zigbee, z-wave, Lutron and several other local LAN/cloud integrations running on my single C7.

3 Likes

Just checked out Racknex. Pretty cool stuff. That that 1.3 display and the pi mount options give me an idea of maybe making a Unifi matching device for a budget server.

I also gotta know what paint you use for the accessories. I have a bunch of Unifi OCD panels but I think I'm going to add a 1 or 2u drawer and it'd like to match it.

Sounds like there needs to be more powerful hardware to run Hubitat.

Where you can see how high the load is? I have a C4

Staff would disagree with that assessment (and have, in other threads).

1 Like

But clearly you disagree with their assessment.. you have 4+ hubs

Every time I watch their live streams I always wonder how much they really use hubitat.

1 Like

Nope, I’m the guy with one hub :slightly_smiling_face:.

AFAIK, all the staff use one hub at home.

1 Like

@jrvisconti i have 200 odd devices on hubitat and a lot of rules. Runs fine. There are people here that run more devices than I on a single unit just fine.

I know Mike runs at least 2 as he has zigbee bulbs on a separate hub:

2 Likes

OK jw

I have two units now due to a zwave issues in my garage

I don't know what my load is but it seems like I get a bunch of lag from furthest zwave switches.

Do you have a write up / post on your antenna setup?

@jrvisconti

3 Likes

I have three hubs, but not because of processing power. Issues with the Z-Wave 700 series radios were the trigger.

I have 100+ Z-Wave devices. I originally had a single C5 which handled the entire house. When I moved to a single C7, I encountered a tremendous number of issues. Everything was stable with ~45 devices, but deteriorated rapidly above that number. I reset and recreated the network more than a dozen times. Even a "repeater backbone" approach didn't address my issues. In the end I segmented the house into three zones with a hub handling each zone. Very stable.

My issues had do with the SiLabs firmware rather than the Hubitat system itself, and things have changed a lot since then. At this point, I believe that SiLabs has sufficiently addressed the radio firmware issues, so I could easily run with a single C7 again. The antenna mod doesn't hurt either. :slight_smile:
That said, it's just not worth tearing everything down again in order to remove the other hubs.

1 Like

Might check this out:

1 Like

295 devices on 1 hub. 99 are zwave.

6 Likes