Show us your rack! (No not that one!)

This looks familiar.....

Pretty sure I was geeking out over this setup in the Ubiquiti Facebook group

Btw.....I've made progress!

2 Likes

@markbellkosel84 So what are you using the 3 ports on the UDM for? PoE?

Yup, I posted my setup on the FB group. Was it you that I asked what that little black box was in your setup? If it was you, that’s what sent me down the Hubitat rabbit hole!

I’m just scathing the surface. Just got my HE installed today, installed bulbs in all of my rooms, as well as outside. No automations or anything fancy yet. Ideally I’d like to get this integrated with HomeKit at some point.

1 Like

I decided to use them for the things that are in the cabinet. Both hubs and pi Hole. My previous set up had those on a seperate "network center" switch.

I was the one asking about the port covers and mentioned that you inspired me to go back to my Argon case for my pi Hole.

Take a look at this too Are you new to home automation or Hubitat or coming from a different platform such as SmartThings, Vera, or Wink? This may help!

I still recommend grabbing either the Unifi or the Mikrotik multispeed SFP for your WAN connection. Even if you don't have >1 Gb service, AT&T likes to oversubscribe.

3 Likes

I figured, I'll trow my stuff in here as well. We are under construction at the moment, so I haven't been paying attention to it that much and it's very dusty.
I have two racks, one for the networking ( we just wired all of our house with CA6) and one for "compute/storage"

9 Likes

I just threw out a dell raid array like that...lol..Like the lights a lot..Very Tron!

More.hard drives than me. How.many a year die?

I have some that are running since 2015 LOL. half the drive are Samsug Pro SSDs, they are very good.

Are you talking about Dell servers? Light's are controlled by Zooz ZEN31. When alarm triggered, the police scene is triggered, very painful for the eyes LOL

2 Likes

I have a driver for that HTD :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I got the 10Gtek one. I think I made a mistake cause it's been a bit problematic.

I tried about 4 of the "recommended" ones but also had issues. The link would connect but throughput when doing speed tests would tank...usually on the upload side for me. I have this one installed now and it's been working for several months without a hitch.

1 Like

Always a work in progress.

7 Likes

These racks are simply insane! They look like they could control an entire building.

And I thought I was doing ok with an Edgerouter and a single HP managed switch all perched on a couple of wall shelves lol. (OK I do have a NAS too!)

3 Likes

Dammit, now I'm, gonna have to add rack lighting.... (Shaking tiny fist)

1 Like

My rack includes my home security devices and is hidden away from prying eyes. No rack lighting for this guy :slight_smile:

Mine is in my workshop (semi completed). It's got a lock on it to keep kids out but they have no interest in it anyway so I don't bother locking it lol. Building out the attic at the moment. I considered mounting a rack in one of the closets but then said forget it, threw in a 5 port poe switch (I have unifi AP's) mounted to the drywall next to an outlet. 1 from the wife's office, 2 from the tv area for the kids, and one down link. No one ever sees it...