Show Off Your Network Closet (Enclosure)

Very, very nice!

1 Like

Here' my Ikea Network rack in my study. There are some UPS's on the floor to the left as well (about 3kVA worth).

9 Likes

Here is my linen closet converted into a network closet.

5 Likes

Loving the Commodore 64 5.25" floppy disk drive!!!

5 Likes

I wanted one of those robot arms so much when I was a kid.

1 Like

The Armatron was great toy! Mine needs restoration tho.

Cheers, I have a mint condition c64 too.

1 Like

Super neat wiring setup :+1:. Just curious by why 2 Hue bridges?

5 Likes

5 Likes

I split up my lights because I was having issues with hue blubs not responding. My assumption was I had the bridge overloaded.

I'm using smart bulbs and switches. I control my smart bulbs based on the on/off status of the smart switch so everything operates normally and I'm not fighting with guests or family about leaving the switches alone.

I'm waiting for the network spider to show itself. very scary.

1 Like

Are you using ethernet to power your devices?

I like the fan you installed at the top!

Yeah, the USG was always hot to the touch, I had researched some 3D printed fan housings. The fan is 5V powered from a PoE->USB adapter, and has a slow/fast switch. I leave it on slow and the air flow is enough to keep the USG and the cloud key underneath cool, and basically quiet.

Yes, PoE adapters for the fan, Habitat and Phillips Hue.
The Raspberry Pi 3 has the PoE module.

I do have an issue in that the Hue is only running at 10Mbps instead of 100, need to find a different brand of PoE adapter.

2 Likes

Had to chime back in here. I've been adding some PoE cameras. I'm using a 24 port switch and 16 of them do PoE. Just separated out PoE and non PoE. Damn this is much more peaceful looking!

3 Likes

Damn that's clean.

@Otto_Mation