Show Off Your Dashboards!

No offense to anyone, because I see this often....but I would not want to show the world the layout of my house and my smart devices.

Why not?

1 Like

Primarily for security concerns.

I understand what you mean and i was thinking about it but then... why not.
ok ppl could know I live in Belgium but still pretty big to find the exact place.

1. A layout is not the same as a way in. Wifi is white-listed and is shut off when nobody is home, it's hard to even get my wifi from the street anyway and it's not public view-able when the wifi is on. i don't know the term but i can connect to the wifi but the name won't show up in the list of wifi's nearby.
  2. I didn't share everything example: garden, driveway, garden shed, camera's etc ppl don't even know on what side the street would run.
  3. First time my house showed up in any records is from 1933 as a international company and that's not from when it was build. So a lot of ppl have seen it.
  4. a few years later... like 2010 it was used for a competition to bring it back to modern age etc... so that layout is still surfing somewhere in 'the clouds' of the internet... so not really a good hidden secret.
  5. Ppl could see i have sensors but still they don't know what sensor is where... and as i mentioned some area's aren't even on it so those sensors are a big secret.

this is a dashboard for practical usage, doors left open, lights still on,...
The camera's are on a other dashboard... just like all security stuff.

I do understand your concern but in my case the info you got isn't that much...

1 Like

As long as you feel safe with it, all is good :slightly_smiling_face:

Not sure what security you're protected. I mean if someone wants to watch your movements they can watch from the street what room lights are coming on... Just saying. Really not sure what anyone can really glean. That said, easy enough to pull the plans for the house from the city since they're publicly available.

2 Likes

I realize that my point is moot. Certainly I'm not expecting some "Ocean's Eleven" crew to break into my house. :smirk:

2 Likes

oceans eleven this movie GIF

1 Like

I understand what your saying and you are probably right. But I'm guessing at least for myself that I'm the only one within 100 miles using hubitat except the friends and family I set up.

I would probably use this if it was made available for Hubitat.

I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.

kinda agree with ya.. altho if it did itd be a game changer for sure

1 Like

A guy can wish :man_shrugging:

You can do it with a pi, HA and maker API. Only thing stopping is time. Took me a while to play around with HA but it's amazing for logs, trends and graphs.

1 Like

Fair, had a little pootle with the homebridge app and have it running at the moment. Not a massive fan of having multiple devices (Hubitat and Pi) running if i really don’t need it, I know they are not massive energy guzzlers but still :man_shrugging:

Here's mine. We use this mostly for monitoring in the kitchen and master bath and rarely on our phones (with a little zooming and panning). Sometimes it's nice to turn a light on or off, but otherwise this is just for monitoring.

There's a ton of stuff not listed that just works silently in the background to trigger and assist webCoRE pistons. Smoke, CO, leak detectors, door sensors, motion sensors, cameras, etc.

Garage Timer: Our garage automatically opens on arrival and closes 8 minutes later. The timer just displays how long until it closes. If the garage is opened manually (not by an arrival event), it won't close automatically unless we both leave.

Office Tomorrow & Traffic Light: The traffic light displays green, yellow, or red based on traffic on my wife's commute. Office Tomorrow is a virtual switch allowing or preventing that light to turn on in our bedroom at 5:20am. If she's working from home, it doesn't go on. She works a regular weekly office schedule, so the switch turns on and off automatically with a rule, but we can switch it manually for holidays and other schedule changes.

Mousetrap: I taped a vibration sensor to a snap trap. Once tripped, I get a notification and the switch turns off the notifications until I reset the trap and turn notifications back on.

Clock: That's just a variable tile displaying the time without seconds. It gets updated once per minute.

Weather: Weather Underground map. Rachio Community weekly forecast. It will also indicate which days the sprinklers will run.

1 Like

I built mine out using Home Remote Designer. I just posted my design on their forums (My Hubitat Focused Showcase Project - Showcase - The Home Remote Community), but figured I'd post it here too.

One of the screenshots I took of how I utilize Hubitat:

12 Likes

I can't leave well enough alone. I think this is how it will be now for a while. I revamped a lot of the CSS so it loads a lot faster.

4 Likes

Nice choice of colours, a more subtle palette.

1 Like

Love seeing what everyone has done with innovative dashboards here. I’m still using my HousePanel app for my home dashboard. I gave up making it available to others but I still love using it for myself.

4 Likes