Show Off Your Dashboards!

Where did you get it or how did you make it

I made it. You need a raspberry pi, a screen, a see through mirror and this software:

https://magicmirror.builders/

I inserted the hubitat dashboard with the help of the "iFrame" module

I did get it open box, but yeah... the wife wasn't super happy at the time. But that space needed something and she's actually come around!

Anyone know if these has a compatible OS in

Pretty sure this is just a touch capable monitor so there's no OS to speak of. You'd need to provide a separate computer/SBC to run software. It's got HDMI in and the touchscreen is USB so it shouldn't be too hard otherwise.

Do you need special software to interface with the touch screen

Just a driver. Those ELO monitors should have drivers for different Linux variations and definitely work in Windows. If there are drivers in Linux, could interface with a Raspberry Pi.
I use ELO monitors a lot at work for assembly lines with thin clients.

Was thinking for a Pi, thanks for info and advice, prob leave it 300+ wat seems a bit high guessing its old tech

For the size and the fact that it's a touchscreen, it doesn't seem too bad. It's also built for public spaces and could probably take a beating so that's also built into the price.

Although, at touch capable viewing distances, 1080P might be a little low...

Yeah, it only works on 2016 and newer Samsung sets and many command do still not work but you can get the basic one working.

how does one get this Apixu driver and configure a dashboard button to use it?

I now use Open Weather.
Have a search for the above.
I'm on my mobile at the moment and can give you more information when on my PC if you need it.

1 Like

ELO are typically POS monitors, they do have windows drivers etc (not sure about Linux). But they are very prone to losing their calibration, which is something else you may have to do often.

If it was cheaper I'd take a chance 🤷

1 Like

Yes, please do. I have no idea where it is to be found and how to install it. I do know how to install community code as Apps and Drivers now, so if it's installed that way, I just need to know where to find it.

I'll PM you to save diverting this thread.

I'm still new to HE. Here are some of my first boards:

One thing I miss is that my background images are on the local device and when accessing over the web they are not shown.

1 Like

Put them somewhere online, like Google Photos etc. Then use the Cloud url. The downside is they won't appear if you Internet goes down :cry: You maybe knew that already, in which case sorry for stating the obvious :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yes I know, but thanks anyway. That's just not the way it should work. A cloud access should be able to access the files on the local device and mimic the at 100% the local interface.

update of my 'main' dashboard...

this is my previous dashboard.
I placed the devices in the correct area how chucky they may look.

my latest dashboard. somewhat-scaled floor plan.

changes i still wanna do...:

• bring back collor changing text for the temps depending on the readings
  • some green boxes of doors are to big but I don't get it smaller
  • ad some buttons on the side for some scene(s)
  • win a million euro's