Show Off Your Dashboards!

1. Just stack tiles, remove icon and text, and set templates for color activation end 100% transparent for inactive.
  2. Define an absolute position for the tile.

So the states:
{
"template": "bulb",
"bgColor": "rgba(255,255,0,0.51)",
"iconColor": "",
"state": "on",
"customIcon": ""
},
{
"template": "bulb",
"bgColor": "rgba(0,0,0,0)",
"iconColor": "",
"state": "off",
"customIcon": ""
},

The position:
/Keuken Sfeer - 1/
#tile-12 { position: absolute; left: 320px; top: 62px; width: 43px; height: 140px;}
#tile-12 .dimmer,
#tile-12 .dimLevel {visibility: hidden;}
#tile-12 .material-icons{display:none}

2 Likes

Wow. Looks great. I love seeing HubiGraph in use. One suggestion: look into Weather Tile 2. It works much better than the first revision, is completely configurable (resize sub-tiles, etc), sources OW from one place, supports devices/PWS and supports all current and future conditions.

How do you remove the icon from the tile?
Talking about removing the icon representing the switch, correct?

#tile-23 .dimLevel {visibility: hidden;}
#tile-23 .material-icons{display:none}",

Would love to give weathertile 2 a go, but:
{"error":true,"type":"java.lang.Exception","message":"An unexpected error occurred."}

And not all units are in metric

Loving the CSS customizing ability of the Hubbitat :sunglasses:

10 Likes

You are not the only one to hit this. You need to set up OW in the parent app. Here are install instructions... HERE

The tile gets its data now, bu every customization I make, seems to be discarded. So tiles stay green, en locations are back to default.
Also, it seems to break my PI. When the tile is on the dashboard, memory usage creeps slowly to 100% and then my PI becomes frozen. The HUB itself also seems to struggle to build the tile.

With the new firmware, you need to configure the tile from an IP address. Not hubitat-local. Still working a fix for that.... Initial build of the tile does take some processing; each change also can be slow... once it is configured, the “issues” go away

Another HA Lovelace setup to add to the mix. Really happy with how its turned out. There's definitely a learning curve with HA/Lovelace, but the flexibility it offers is hard to beat. I really like conditional cards and am utilizing them to show smoke/CO alarm alerts, NWS alerts, washer/dryer runtime, etc. Big shout out to @ jason0x43 for his phenomenal HE integration on HA.

13 Likes

Can you show me an example of how to insert that into the JSON?
(JSON newbie here)

If you're keen to get this into your dashboard I'm pretty sure you just click on the Settings "cog" icon in the top right of your dashboard, go to advanced and I think the tab is called either CSS or Custom CSS (I'm not in front of my PC). You should be able to paste in the CSS there and hit save. You may need to click the refresh "tick" icon to see the changes take effect.

Sorry to jump in @fanmanrules, hope I got this right...

Cuirbear,
Click edit on the tile you want to transform, and note the tile number. Close the tile settings, and open the settings of your dash.
Click advanced, and select the CSS tab.
Enter the code there, and change the tile number that you noted in your fist step.

Thanks again.
I now understand the process,
What I dont understand is how to format that code; it doesnt match the structure of the css

1 Like

Replace "23" with the number for your code and paste those lines into the CSS tab.

The whitespace and semicolon aren't consistent between the two lines, but it's OK. A semicolon is not required when there is only one statement. There are multiple ways to write it, for example:

#tile-23 .dimLevel {
    visibility: hidden;
}
#tile-23 .material-icons {
    display:none;
}

That would be identical to:

#tile-23 .dimLevel {visibility: hidden}
#tile-23 .material-icons {display: none}

"you need to configure the tile from an IP address"

Ok, now you lost me. Even if I call the app from a separate window, everything I set is not remembered.

Okay. Sorry for being a bit slow with this.
Here is my tile:
{
"rowSpan": 1,
"template": "switches",
"col": 2,
"colSpan": 1,
"id": 1,
"row": 1,
"device": "34"
}

Where, amongst that, would I put the code?

You're looking at the JSON for tile layout. Instead go to the CSS tab:

Click Advanced, then click CSS.

Put the code in there.

1 Like

Doh!
My bad.