Show Off Your Dashboards!

I'm using a couple GW Security GW520IP PTZ dome cameras, a MorphXStar bullet camera (very similar to GW in hardware/software), and a ReoLink RLC-420 dome cam. They are all pretty cheap, but basically functional outdoor cameras. I had a super-cheap JideTech PTZ camera, but it was finicky and I got rid of it. Overall, I'm happy for the price. I required PoE, PTZ for a couple, and zoom on one. Given my requirements, I found the cheapest cams that seemed to work OK.

I'm sure there are better IP cameras, but these do the job for me. I would love for the cams to do a better job on motion detection--they don't seem to make use of any deep learning for recognition of humans, for example, so wind-blown tree branches can trigger motion. The night performance is decent, but for most of these I'm asking for too much from the IR LEDs.

I don't let any of my IP camera hardware contact the WAN. They all have some kind of "cloud" feature for viewing from a phone app, but I don't trust them at all. They are isolated at my router. I didn't even register my Hubitat for cloud features. I want everything to be local, and I use VPN (OpenVPN) to do anything from my phone when I'm away. I did try to crack the root login on the firmware image for the MorphXStar using JacktheRipper, but it had a strong password :+1: so that's somewhat reassuring. I only ran a single thread for a few days, but I only wanted to find out if it was a weak or published password. However, I know the manufacturers can login, and I don't want them to be able to.

1 Like

What an awesome response, Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.
I have Hikvision IPC’s and Hikvision NVR but without a bit of black magic, they’re incompatible with Hubitat as there’s no support for RTSP streams or ONVIF.
I can enable the 2nd stream for MJPEG but that kills live viewing from the Spot Monitor on the NVR which I use for live viewing of all cameras.
Only want an image from 1 IPC of the front door for the main dashboard so looking for other options out there.
Can you get an image on a Hubitat Dashboard from your current IPC’s or have you only tried with other systems Dsahboards?

All of my IP cams support RTSP streams and snapshot images or MJPEG streams.

My Dashboard contains an image tile set to, for example, refreshing every 10s:
http://192.168.1.23/action/stream?subject=mjpeg&user=user&pwd=password

Over top of the image tile is a link tile which opens:
rtsp://user:password@192.168.1.23:554/live/main
The link name has to be set to " " so nothing appears.

Those are specific to my GW/MorphXStar cameras. The Reolink has a different set of snapshot and RTSP URLs. When I tap the RTSP link, it opens up an app on my tablets that plays RTSP. TinyCam is the one I"m using, but VLC also works. On my PC (Ubuntu 18.04), I use VLC, rarely.

With these cameras, the main ONVIF stream is still recorded on my NVR while the MJPEG or RTSP stream is available on the Dashboard.

I haven't done any investigation of Hikvision IP cameras, but sometimes there is a snapshot URL available that isn't documented. It's worth some Google searching, especially since Hikvision is so popular.

Thanks bud, much appreciated

@joehuntley
Hi, I wanted to ask if you could help me with the Cobra Super Tile app. I have it installed but seem to have no idea how to set this up. I wanted to start with a tile on the dashboard with my contact sensors for my front and back doors to show if they open or closed. I follow through the setup and my tile just comes out with null for everything I select?Super_Tile

@greglsh make sure you open and close the door after setting it up the tile for the 1st time, so you can send it data (it does not show history from before you created it)

If you have trouble try posting over on a Super Tile thread, or PM me and maybe I can help, just starting to play with it myself

1 Like

What tile settings are you using for your google home devices?

Yes thanks!!

A new dashboard I'm working on (lots more work to do) :slight_smile:

More details over here...

15 Likes

I freaking love these dashboards that overlay the controls onto a floor plan of the actual house and use transparent controls overlaid in the positions they exist in the rooms.

3 Likes

I created a sub-panel for controlling my pool light colors:

This is on SharpTools, but it's custom designed with mostly transparent buttons.

Here's the writeup of exactly what's going on with this dashboard and how it controls my pool lights exactly.

8 Likes

Here is my dashboard, running only off the Hubitat hub (i.e. only Hubitat [custom] apps and dashboard).

I have also posted this under the HubiGraph page. Which is where the graphs came from.

11 Likes

I'm new to Hubitat and just started playing with dashboards. I decided to create a master dashboard with a tile for each room and a link to a dashboard specific to that room.

One thing that would be awesome is if the Tile name could have a standard option to make it a link or dashboard link. Until then, I started playing around with overlaying the dashboard links on the tiles and using css to make everything look right.

7 Likes

I'm starting to love my dash more these days. I'm always tinkering. This is using Smartly :wink:
The empty tiles are waiting on my re-pairing things.

Still work in progress, and tinker further as I get the time :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Royski Loving the layout! Dig the music tile begin portrait, nice approach.

Why is one curtain icon partially open, and one icon full open, when both look like they should be full open?

That bold train text needs some love to, unless it is just blurry in the pic.

I see @spelcheck didn't included the nicer LED strip icon I found for us. Gonna need to give him a talking too. We want better icons!!

@kjh Not sure what you mean there. You can use "Link" and "Dashboard Link" tiles to link between dashboards. I use "Link" with the direct dash URL for a "Refresh" button, and dashboard links to all other dashes.

Much like @Royski has on the left side of this dashes above.

1 Like

Thank you Sir :wink:

This will be the Mrs working from home, and closing them slightly. :+1: She works at the dining room table.

A few still do, work in progress :slight_smile:

Yeah, agree on that one!

Yeah I wanted it to resemble more like a remote control lol.

2 Likes

I think that's because we're not including the italic version of the font in the base skin. Browser might be trying its best to emulate italics.

:sweat_smile: I think I've pretty much caved in at this point.

20200514_054050

| https://community.hubitat.com/t/smartly-custom-icon-requests/39540

3 Likes

Nice one here :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@TechMedX

What I mean is I would title in the tile to function as link instead of having to create a separate dashboard link tile. It will save space and improve UX.