Show Off Your Dashboards!

I'm using EdrawMax 2 to design graphics.
Graphics location is a method of trial and error, I moved by millimeter and checked if it is good. I used (Attribute / condition_icon) to display the widget.

1 Like

Your hub will probably lock up during the night and your automation won't work anyway. Sods law :grinning:

1 Like

@joehuntley Your layout is AWESOME! How did you make all of those multi-tiles that you have? I'm most interested in your water leak tile, but i think they are all great.

1 Like

Thanks. I used @Cobra's Super Tile app with custom icons.

2 Likes

Very nice!

And I totally agree that Hubitat needs to step up their game when it comes to Dashboard and UI/UX.

Simon

1 Like

I think my dashboard is finally getting settled down, so I figured I'd post it now. I've done everything with the built-in Dashboard app, with some of the tiles customized using CSS. This is a currently fairly simple home security-focused implementation. I don't do much in the way of automation, since that runs into WAF issues. These dashboards are all displayed on my wall-mounted tablets.

The Weather/Extended Forecast dashboards end up having more content that requires scrolling, but that's for text forecasts that aren't needed that much. Mostly these things are used as single page dashboards.

Props to this community for all the ideas, and to @bptworld for Weather Dot Gov app that I'm using for my Weather/Forecasts dashboards.

I'm probably not done tweaking CSS, but that's just to fix things like the tile content being slightly off-center and removing the title from the Dashboard links on my main page.

9 Likes

The more I dig into HA dashboards the better it gets. Animated backgrounds are an awesome addition!

4 Likes

Is this home assistant?

Yes, with Hubitat being used as the back-end.

I feel I might spend more time watching the waves, than "using" the dash.

Very cool

:+1:

The backgrounds are controlled by a Dark Sky attribute so they constantly change based on the weather and illuminance.

Dude this looks fantastic!

Quick question: is this cloud based or can it work offline?

BrianP What cameras are you using?

I'm using a couple GW Security GW520IP PTZ dome cameras, a MorphXStar bullet camera (very similar to GW in hardware/software), and a ReoLink RLC-420 dome cam. They are all pretty cheap, but basically functional outdoor cameras. I had a super-cheap JideTech PTZ camera, but it was finicky and I got rid of it. Overall, I'm happy for the price. I required PoE, PTZ for a couple, and zoom on one. Given my requirements, I found the cheapest cams that seemed to work OK.

I'm sure there are better IP cameras, but these do the job for me. I would love for the cams to do a better job on motion detection--they don't seem to make use of any deep learning for recognition of humans, for example, so wind-blown tree branches can trigger motion. The night performance is decent, but for most of these I'm asking for too much from the IR LEDs.

I don't let any of my IP camera hardware contact the WAN. They all have some kind of "cloud" feature for viewing from a phone app, but I don't trust them at all. They are isolated at my router. I didn't even register my Hubitat for cloud features. I want everything to be local, and I use VPN (OpenVPN) to do anything from my phone when I'm away. I did try to crack the root login on the firmware image for the MorphXStar using JacktheRipper, but it had a strong password :+1: so that's somewhat reassuring. I only ran a single thread for a few days, but I only wanted to find out if it was a weak or published password. However, I know the manufacturers can login, and I don't want them to be able to.

1 Like

What an awesome response, Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.
I have Hikvision IPC’s and Hikvision NVR but without a bit of black magic, they’re incompatible with Hubitat as there’s no support for RTSP streams or ONVIF.
I can enable the 2nd stream for MJPEG but that kills live viewing from the Spot Monitor on the NVR which I use for live viewing of all cameras.
Only want an image from 1 IPC of the front door for the main dashboard so looking for other options out there.
Can you get an image on a Hubitat Dashboard from your current IPC’s or have you only tried with other systems Dsahboards?

All of my IP cams support RTSP streams and snapshot images or MJPEG streams.

My Dashboard contains an image tile set to, for example, refreshing every 10s:
http://192.168.1.23/action/stream?subject=mjpeg&user=user&pwd=password

Over top of the image tile is a link tile which opens:
rtsp://user:password@192.168.1.23:554/live/main
The link name has to be set to " " so nothing appears.

Those are specific to my GW/MorphXStar cameras. The Reolink has a different set of snapshot and RTSP URLs. When I tap the RTSP link, it opens up an app on my tablets that plays RTSP. TinyCam is the one I"m using, but VLC also works. On my PC (Ubuntu 18.04), I use VLC, rarely.

With these cameras, the main ONVIF stream is still recorded on my NVR while the MJPEG or RTSP stream is available on the Dashboard.

I haven't done any investigation of Hikvision IP cameras, but sometimes there is a snapshot URL available that isn't documented. It's worth some Google searching, especially since Hikvision is so popular.

Thanks bud, much appreciated

@joehuntley
Hi, I wanted to ask if you could help me with the Cobra Super Tile app. I have it installed but seem to have no idea how to set this up. I wanted to start with a tile on the dashboard with my contact sensors for my front and back doors to show if they open or closed. I follow through the setup and my tile just comes out with null for everything I select?Super_Tile

@greglsh make sure you open and close the door after setting it up the tile for the 1st time, so you can send it data (it does not show history from before you created it)

If you have trouble try posting over on a Super Tile thread, or PM me and maybe I can help, just starting to play with it myself

1 Like