Show Off Your Dashboards!

I'm pretty sure @eaton.blumenstein is using sharptools. But you can have button span more than one column or row with the built-in dashboard. Just pop into the layout settings and you can adjust things in there manually. rowSpan or colSpan.

just make the size of the icons small.. both Sharptools and the regular dashboard, I set the Pixel size to 50 something. that is super small. so then what you do, is every NEW tile that you want to look normal , just set to 2x the size, or 100pix for example.

pretty much every new tile I make i just go into the setting and double the size. its an illusion,

3 Likes

an example of one of the icons is 2x by 2x

and in Hubitat dash

i hope that makes sence.. its just a visual trick.. since you cant make tiles smaller then the standar 1x1, you just make 1x1 super small, and make everything you want 2x2

6 Likes

Here is my main dashboard for scenes. I wanted dark mode for my iPhone.

4 Likes

How did you get the presence info to be so detailed, like in between places?

That's from the Life360 with States app. :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks again, Bryan. Great app!

Just got my first tablet mounted and so it begins!

4 Likes

Sharp tools?

Finally got around to updating the dashboard that's used on a wall-mounted tablet at the back door.

6 Likes

Nice! Care to share your tile settings? Like the size of the tiles for an iPhone.

Here are some settings.

2 Likes

Standard HE Dashboard

nice work, thanks

Would love to see the code!

1 Like

I plan to release the full dashboard. Iā€™m going to get another hub that I can share development dashboards from.

8 Likes

Hi, I like your tiles; I have added a test dashboard to my setup and applied your code, but I have one query. Have you worked out to apply the css to the different states of a tile? For example, the switch tile has two states (on and off), I would like to apply a different border color to each of these states, but can't work out how to do it. I see that you have applied a border using css to the date-clock tile, but I suspect that this has only one state.

What is the URL you are using for theweather.com? I couldn't figure that one out.

That widget is completely customizable and then you get your own URL to use.

Take a look here.

1 Like

Unfortunately (until CSS psuedo :has() selector is adopted by browsers) it's not possible without the use of jQuery/JavaScript which at this point I haven't found a way to inject. An option would be to have the border match one state color, so that when the state changes, it will stand out more. From a design perspective, doing this with a white "off" state would show a white border around the "on" state and it wouldn't be visible for the "off" state (would simply blend in to the off tile color).

I've done significant development on the smartly system and should be releasing in the next few weeks. If you'd like to help test, PM me! It's an online copy and paste one click updater where it intelligently updates the JSON for you. Additionally it allows an extra step for title replacement, custom labels for video and image tiles, individual tile icon replacement (per state!), useable (and visually pleasing) half-height tiles, screen-zoom calibration helper tile to perfectly visually fit the right number of tiles widthwise on any device.

Edit: looking for testers, PM me!

8 Likes