Show Off Your Dashboards!

I also made this as an example - I overwrote a workspace hard drive accidentally so I lost all my WIP files so I can't offer you anything to get started...

1 Like

@dotJson That looks too fake. Are all those beds really made? Where's the random messes throughout the house :joy:. Or did you find a way to automate that cleanliness?

4 Likes

1st thought, The Sims.

How, did you get the house layout like that?

Thanks!

We moved into a new house so had to make a new remote for the TVs/Roku. I change the top right slider based on what room I am in. The status of that slider changes the logic for what happens for the button pushes. If it could detect what room I am in, that would be even better. Bluetooth maybe???

This mostly users Roku's ECP (External Control Protocol) that is basically http requests to the Roku.

1 Like

I found a way to do the room detection using BT. I created a new thread so I don't take this one off the tracks.

New version:

First, that's pretty sweet. Nice job on this. I feel like it adds a bit of professionalism to it.

Regarding the colored tiles, instead of changing the tile's backgroud color, how about keeping the background transparent, and only changing the icon color to dictate the state of the device?

Thatā€™s a good idea. Iā€™ll jack with it and see how it looks. Thanks.

1 Like

I've been meaning to ask HOW you went about exporting the items from your Alexa Shopping List.

I love this! Is it strictly Roku?

It's an IFTTT applet. Any updates to my Alexa list sends the entire list embedded in a Webhook to a Hubitat variable. Then I made Rule Machine rule to format it a bit so it's a little easier to look at/read. (Basically just replacing each comma with a comma/space.) The dashboard tile is just displaying the variable.

1 Like

It's done in Node Red with a combination of Roku's HTTP Requests and Harmony's Node Red integration. It doesn't do anything in Node Red that can't be done in HE directly. I believe you can send HTTP requests in RM.

If you try something like this, DO NOT create 25 virtual Button devices. You create ONE Virtual Button device with 25 buttons.

3 Likes

Never thought of that. It would have certainly shortened my devices list.

2 Likes

I originally got about 10 buttons in (so 10 additional virtual button devices) before I realized and went back. I think that virtual Button device is up to 26 buttons.

1 Like

33 buttons for two dashboards.....ugh!

And this is the Node Red flow that controls it all. Those with OCD should turn away NOW!!!! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

@stephen_nutt, while we're on the topic of multi-button VB's, I just don't have the stamina to test this out (while waiting for a firmware update to fix existing woes), so may I ask...?

If you create an N-button VB and add it to the Alexa Echo Skill app, how will each of those buttons be seen (or will they at all? does Alexa only see switches?) by Alexa? I'm just curious, since I can't conjure how you'd address each button... "Alexa, press button 2 of (devicename)" or "Alexa, turn on (button2name)"?

Sorry to be lazy by asking.

Not sure. I haven't needed to do that.

Not sure either. I use Webcore or RM to control mine.

Well, gents, I took one for the team and went ahead with making a multi-button device on the HE side, added it to the Alexa Echo Skill, ran a "Discover Devices" over on the Alexa side, and she... found nothing new.

In essence, my hunch that Alexa doesn't recognize Button devices was valid. Which begs the question... why are we allowed to include Devices from HE in that skill which are known not to be recognized by Alexa/Echo?

Should I submit a Feature Enhancement request on that?? (Edit: Done!)