Show Off Your Dashboards!

Thanks! Looks interesting...

Which URL would that be? If I go to 192.168.0.XXX:8123/firehd10-start/default_view it still shows the side bar.

Thought I would share one I just put together with help from instructions by @harriscd
I'm still doing a little tweaking with it.

6 Likes

@markbellkosel84 's work and a few others (I think @furom has also does some work on overlaying tiles recently...) inspired my to do some more work on my lighting dashboard to include easier access to scenes for rooms where I typically want the ability to change the scene. Was a bit of a pain initially to make it work on both my PC browser, tablet and phone, but I think that is sorted now and am happy with the result.

I have only done this for the one room at the moment (the Study), providing access to 3 scenes, day, evening and night. Apart from a few more aesthetic tweaks to the solution, I will expand this to other rooms listed in the dashboard, then move on to more detailed dashboards for each room, allowing access to each light, plus other non-lighting related content.

4 Likes

Here is what I came up with for my dashboards.

I use them on 5 devices thoughout the house. I have 2 questions:

Is it possible to get rid of the controls at the top?
Is there a way to get different backgrounds and color scheme depending on the device used?

12 Likes

Yes:

This Custom CSS will remove the header up top and put the settings, add, and reload buttons on the bottom right. That's what I do, as they are pretty unobtrusive on when moved down there. Usually I keep my dashboard "locked down" from the app settings, so I only see the reload (green check) button.

If you want to change the size, edit the zoom and moz-transform:scale() values. I think this feature works great for moving the top controls. and allowing the dashboard to take up the whole screen.

I wouldn't completely remove them, since then it's difficult to change anything in the future. I think there's a way, but I like having those controls show up when needed, which is why I use the "lock down dashboard" feature.

4 Likes

When you do this is it just a matter of going in and changing id numbers in the JSON tab?

@BrianP Thanks, it works perfectly. @markbellkosel84 I'm not sure I understand your question.

The layering of the tiles that you did in the dashboard you posted.

I move the code for the background tiles at the top of the JSON so they stay under the actual working tiles. I don't change the ID.

Edit: Sorry, not realy at the top. I mean at the point where the tiles start to be listed. After the templates.

1 Like

Oh! I didn't know it was that easy. Thank you!

Did you use CSS?

Yes, mostly for size, alignment and hiding text.

Little follow up:

The stock thermostat tile did not cut it for me: Too much text, awkard layout and in my case, showing irrelevant controls. Since I have baseboard heathers, all I need was ON/OFF switch, setpoint ajustement and current temperature. So the tile(s) I modified show these plus the 3 possibles states: Heating, idle or off.

Heating:
heat

Idle:
idle

Off:
off

19 Likes

I modified show these plus the 3 possibles states: Heating, idle or off.

Could you please share the CSS used? Like the look!

2 Likes

I don't know much about CSS. I just copy bits I found on this thread and made a mess of it:

I piled 5 tiles with different templates (2 attributes, 1 thermostat, 1 outlet and 1 switch) to acheive what I wanted. I'm sure someone with real knowlege about CSS could do it way more neatly then that. I also had to customize the driver for the thermostats. I can share the CSS but I doubt it would be of much help and it certainely won't acheive that result by itself.

That is BEAUTIFUL! I love it!

1 Like

I would like my wall dashboards to show a theme more in tune with the room it's sit in. Like this (same layout but different theme):

But before adding an entire new set of dasboards, I would like to know if unused dashboards take up resources. It may be a silly question but I'm asking because the dashboard app is by far the number one usage app stat on my hub (58%).

2 Likes

I believe so, more seasoned members of the Community can chime in, but I believe that is the case, removing dashboards and/or devices from dashboards can help in reducing the overhead of keeping tabs on their status.

Interesting question. I have 27 dashboards on my "Apps Hub" C-5 (mostly test, or temporary dashes that need to be deleted after helping folks). I don't notice any slow downs and it runs circles around my "ZigBee Hub" C-4, which is getting slower by the update it seems.

On my App Stats, Dashboards are running at 0.9%. While my Orbit Bhyve app is at 63.5% :frowning: