Shout out for C8 migration team

Just wanted to give a "shout out" to the people who developed the C8 migration tool. I have had my new C8 hub sitting on my desk for a month, afraid to migrate because of terrific fears that I would spend the next few weeks trying to correct things that went wrong. I finally cleared my calendar for a day figuring that it would take at least that long to get everything on line again. To my amazement, following the on line instructions, it only took about a half an hour to migrate everything and I was supper pleased that everything worked with no hiccups at all. Thank you so very much to all who had anything to do with the migration tool, you are awesome!!!!

17 Likes

Might be a useful add to hear what your device topology is made up of; i.e. old HE platform version #, mainly Zigbee, mainly Zwave, etc. We always hear the complication stories; it would be good to hear what composition worked seamlessly.

2 Likes

I had zero issues when I migrated C-7 to C-8. 60 zigbee, 27 zwave.

2 Likes

Sure... I migrated from a C7 hub I've have for about 2 years. Don't remember the platform version, but it was current as of Dec 14th. I have 57 Z-Wave devices, 4 Zigbee white light bulbs, and integration with Alexa. I have about 100 rules, including Basic Rules, RM, Notifications, Modes and HSM, also 3 custom drivers (Thanks jtp10181 !! ) I also have a detached shop near the house, of metal construction, but a couple of windows, a wood structured, well pump house about 120 feet away, and a Z Wave controlled gate about 220 feet away and noticed an improvement in reliability regarding all three.

4 Likes

I am in the same boat about waiting. I haven't pulled the trigger on the C8 because I am currently on the C4 and there isn't an easy way to migrate, and I don't want to spend days migrating everything over.