Should i stay or should i go

Certainly could be likely... Keep them on ST until the Z-Wave issues are worked out. I think they are getting very close to a fix.

2 Likes

Have you looked at Zooz switches? They're designed to work in 3/4-way configurations with minor rewiring. Unless I misinterpreted your meaning re: auxiliary switches

1 Like

The killer devices for me are their WXKG wireless wall switches, as they're the only way to do true two-way lighting control with the Xiaomi Aqara kit, at least with UK wiring. The problem I've had is that those models (the wireless wall switches in particular, but also the little buttons) get dropped from the mesh in a heartbeat and they only report in once every 50 minutes.

I've just paired another two QBGK wired wall switches and the WXKG wireless ones have stayed connected perfectly, which when I did the same thing a few weeks ago with the Trådfri lamps on the mesh it caused all WXKG devices to be thrown off. These are the new D1 models by the way; for me the original generation versions were hopeless - and I persevered for nearly two years.

Wow, in a long winded way I guess I'm saying that if you have any problems, remove your lamps and try again. :slight_smile:

Not that I'm aware of so far, but next time I'm in IKEA I'll pick up a lamp-and-button bundle pack and try the button. They were on offer for £10 recently and despite the lamp issues above, I'm a sucker for IKEA's electrical stuff.

As @tray_e said earlier, of all the lamps I've tried the Trådfri ones are definitely the best at being repeaters. It's just that I've found them to be 85% good while all the rest are 20% good.

2 Likes

Cool.. Keep me posted..
These On/Off and Open/close buttons are the last of my current ST-devices that needs a HE-support check mark.
I can see that in ST these devices creates "child devices", but i'm not sure what that means, and if this is a deal breaker regarding HE? They also mention that it has something to do with touchlink. But as i mentioned in my first post :arrow_up:, they work great in ST..
Found this post among others: Ikea Blinds - #80 by Ryan780 which doesn't get my hopes up..

Must admit that i've spent most of my weekend reading through lots of exciting posts on this community, and i'm very close to push the "Buy_a_Hubitat" button..

1 Like

Just buy one. I was in the same boat with ST, it feels great just thinking "screw it".

Lack of time in general, but very excited to re-do some old projects. Central Heating is next on the list, never quite had it 'completely' wife-friendly under ST. Hubitat? It's going to be mint!

/ noobie

2 Likes

Found this thread and it doesn’t look good. IKEA Trådfri Outlet

SmartThings buttons work great though.

1 Like

I've got loads of the ikea outlets. Work fine.....?

Yes they do..
I was asking about the On/Off buttons.. :slight_smile:
They are now natively supported in ST, so i was wondering if this could be possible in HE too..
(They didn't at first, but now they do)

ah, lack of sleep. Sorry! =p

1 Like

The info on the buttons is in the thread I posted the link to.

1 Like

About the buttons. They're actually not certified for any Zigbee version, rely on inbound group messaging that's not supported by Hubitat. The Hubitat guys are not interested in supporting them, at least as long as they're not certified. They're blaming IKEA, which seems technically correct (but you know, if there's a will, there's a way). From what I understand there's no way to create a custom driver for them either, so they're basically out.

It's a shame since as a user they're the nicest buttons I've seen. I keep mine connected to SmartThings and use HubConnect to get them into Hubitat. Works fine, but is obviously not optimal if you want to migrate off SmartThings.

1 Like

I see.. I was just puzzled why they could work that good in ST with a official DH, and at same time be an absolute No Go here on HE.. :thinking:

Does anyone know of another small 2-button Zigbee remote to replace my Ikea's..?
I think the Xiaomi Opple comes close, but i don't think "small" is a fair description..

A BIG thank you to all of you who took the time to help me with my questions..! :pray:

I have just pushed the "Buy yourself a Hubutat Elevation hub" button based on what i've been reading on this forum.. A lot of nice, fun and helpful people here.. :+1:

It also seems that the recent Z-Wave problems have been (mostly) solved with the latest firmware updates - would you agree that it would be ok to start moving (Z-Wave) devices from ST to HE at this point?

If there is one thing i hate more than problems with outage on cloud based HA systems, it would be the waiting time for new gadgets to arrive..!! :scream:
I wonder what the estimated delivery time to Europe (Denmark) is.. :thinking:

7 Likes

As another person who left ST recently, Ill say it didnt take me too long to replicate almost everything on the HE side. Decided to learn RM instead of setting up WebCore, and its not too hard of a transition once you figure out how it likes to be formatted. That and it seems that there are good community apps that took care of some of my need for WebCore anyway, which is nice having things somewhat built in.

I received my c-7 last week with the new firmware already, and had no issues pairing or keeping alive the z-wave devices. that said i only have a handful of z-wave devices active right now (mostly zigbee in use), and my only issue has been limited z-wave range, which should be resolved this week when i add some more repeaters.

3 Likes

Theoretically the range has improved a bit (33% or so) for the new 700 series.

2 Likes

Things will go perfectly for you, all devices will join w/out issue and operate flawlessly, your hair will become thicker and lusher, and everything you eat will taste better. Seriously, it's right there in the C7 EULA.

Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

That is my goal to.. :+1:
I've got some complex WebCoRe rules today, so it would be fun to learn how RM does the tricks..

Any good examples that i can't live without..? :slight_smile:

Thanks @danabw

Because of this alone, i've ordered a couple more.. :joy:

1 Like

id start with Hubitat Package Manager and see what you can install from there as it has version control and ability to update easily.

Average All - i have it averaging temperature sensors for each level of my house, garage, and outside.
Hub Watchdog - just to see if there are performance dips after i change something
Simple groups - show single status for all my external doors, open if any are open and closed if all are closed
tile master 2 - can include way more useful info on a dashboard tile if you use the built in dashboards
mode manager - helpful if you make use of modes to control states in your house
ecobee suite manager - if you have ecobee thermostat

i also use HubDuino (ST_anything on ST) to run some esp8266 devices with various sensors.

looking at other apps to add features/ease of use, but the rest ive been able to manage with RM

1 Like

Good ones. ^^^

Some I like:

• Auto Lock Door - does what it say, and can check to ensure the door is closed
  • Auto Off - turn off something after X minutes
  • Advanced Button Controller - Simply amazing button controller
  • Device Check Plus - check and report status of doors, windows, etc.
  • Google Home Community - enhanced integration, tons of features
  • Follow Me - have voice announcements, etc., on GH, Alexa, speakers, etc., around your home
  • Zone Motion Controllers - create motion zones out of multiple motion sensors

Those are some that I use regularly and like.

1 Like