Shelly products

Awesome! I do have mqtt enabled on my shellies and I actually set up my dimmer as a virtual dimmer with your app and have it working well.

I was just exploring the native Shelly driver as it’d be nice to communicate directly to the dimmer as well.

Looking forward to your Shelly discovery!

I started down the path of native driver support but when another developer also offered something I backed off. Maybe I will revisit that as I forsee issues with discovery just using MQTT in the way Shelly implement it currently. However that's not something that really belongs in an MQTT app.

I tried moving the Shelly Dimmer to the same vlan as my hubitat, changed the Shelly parent IP information, and that worked successfully.

I moved the Shelly Dimmer back to my IoT vlan and it gives me that error message again. I also removed all of my firewall rules to make sure they could communicate freely across vlans and subnets. However, it still didn't work.

Has anyone else gotten this to work across separate Vlans or Subnets?

have you setup routing between your subnets?

Yes, good question.

My other IoT devices work properly across subnets. I have a couple TP-LINK plugs and have them on my IoT Vlan and can control them successfully through Hubitat. I also disabled firewall rules and allowed everything across subnets and it was the same behavior.

Also the logging shows that it is receiving a message from the Shelly, but it doesn't know what to do with it. That shows that it is making it through the firewall and across vlans properly.
sys:1 2020-06-08 03:01:04.677 pm warn Received data from 10.0.100.23, no matching device found for 10.0.100.23, 0A006417:15BE, null or 0A006417.

I'm open to suggestions, and really appreciate everyone's help!

Great idea! It worked!

On the parent device for Shelly, I kept the IP address as 10.0.100.23 and then under the Device Network ID for the parent Shelly, I clicked edit and pasted in the hexadecimal IP. 0A006417 I clicked save device, and it started working. I now can control it and receive status updates successfully. Thank you for the help!

In a future update for Hubitat, it'd be great to have this device driver be able to work across vlans and use something other than the mac address for the Device Network ID, like the hexadecimal ip.

1 Like

This can be accomplished by adding this to the current code and running it after the IP has been added...

private getShellyAddress() {
    def iphex = ip.tokenize( '.' ).collect { String.format( '%02x', it.toInteger() ) }.join().toUpperCase()
    def shellyAddress = iphex
    device.deviceNetworkId = shellyAddress.toUpperCase()
    return device.deviceNetworkId
}
2 Likes

Allterco Robotics US has acquired my Shelly drivers. They will make a separate announcement on this.

4 Likes

Will they maintain them or they hired you to keep them updated?

1 Like

Your driver has been working great for my Shelly1 switches. Love that I can update the firmware from the device page!

1 Like

It would be very smart from Allterco Robotics US if they take the responsiblity to maintenance the drivers and make new ones for other/new products. It can only boost there sales even more.

Allterco Robotics US ...

Curious ....

Is that the company who manufacturer Shelly or just a dealer?

Correct.. The US division acquired them.

I will still maintain them.

Thanks!

6 Likes

Cool .. Congrats!

1 Like

Great news. Congratulations. Your drivers work perfectly and provide a lot of functionalities like fw check/upgrades. Thanks for your work.

2 Likes

Hello,

I'm getting this message in my shelly devices:

DriverStatus : New Version Available (Version: 3.0.4)

I'm trying to log into Scott's gitlab pages, but I can't get in.

Where can I get the updates?

Thanks.

something seems to be coming🤩

1 Like

As soon as the new location has been created you will be able to update the drivers. Until then you will have to wait.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks Scott.