Shelly I4

I've tried a variety of the Shelly Hubitat driver code and added my Shelly i4 with its IP address but nothing seems to work. I might end up ditching the device at this point.

I don't believe it's a officially supportive device as of now. It's not on the hubitat compatibility list.
I was hoping someone had custom drivers or maybe a method using node red or something along those lines.

Luckily I have enough shelly dimmers in the right spits it works for me. But I'm frustrated as well. I'd love for it to integrate with hubitat it would solve so many random issues for me

I suspect frustration is a key word a LOT of people like myself would use.

I'm fairly savy with tech, and thought was on the right track with a range of shelly devices and a hubitat to allow local no frills control. But after ripping my hair out over a few nights. I literally got on the alexa app and punched in what I needed to do supper piss easy! only techy stuff in my mind was to go into the shelly firm ware setting on the app to change how it reacts to physical switches, then alexa did the additional automation!

I literally only have a shelly plus 1 turn some porch lights ON/OFF at sunset/sunrise on hubitat lol! I hope with some practice and the right drivers to become available, i can eventually move everything across but wont hold my breath.

One last thing that really stumpt me was trying to integrate a physical switch action with a shelly relay to cause a 'reaction' anyway I've gotten into a little rant here.

@mike.maxwell

Is this Shelly I4 device on your radar?

it could be

Is that a subtle hint or a possible offer? :sweat_smile:

its an interesting looking device, I imagine we'll support it at some point, I just can't say when right now.

1 Like

Hello, have there been any updates on whether the i4 will be supported?

I would love to know if there is a driver in the pipe line to. The shelly i4 would be perfect for connecting multiple pirs to and then getting my hub to trigger my dimmer modules

2 Likes

Here is a bundle with the custom Shelly driver, that supposed to support Shelly Plus I4.
repo

It should spawn 4 child devices with 'contact' and 'event' attributes. 'Contact' follows Hubitat "Contact" capability (either 'open' or 'closed'). Event provides: btn_down, btn_up, single_push, double_push, triple_push, long_push (like Shelly documentation describes).

Update:
Each input device now has 'button' capabilities. The mapping between input events and button attributes is:

Compatible with button controllers.

No analog input mode yet. But can be added.

The driver is for gen2 protocol device.

2 Likes

Thank you very much,I've been looking for this driver for several weeks, finally I found yours and it works very well with the Shelly I4. Thanks again

1 Like

Hi,

I tried to load this bundle but got the error "Cannot Process Bundle"

Running a Hubitat C8 on version 2.3.7.143

Hope you can help as your bundle seems to be exactly what I am looking for.

Dave

I will recheck/update the bundle. It has nothing special inside. Basically a zip archive with configuration file inside. Maybe there are some firmware changes.

P.S.: Updated the bundle. Cannot validate on C8.

Thanks for looking at this, but I tried again today and still get the same error.

Error occurs on url and zip file import.

Happy New Year.....

Does hub logs shows any errors? (in case it is some sort of compilation error during driver code import)

Nothing in the logs that I can see....

I'll try loading the items one-by-one and get back to you.

Should I use the order in the install.txt?

Okay, don't ask me t explain but I stopped and restarted the hub and was able to import the bundle without any problems.

Thanks for your help.
Dave

I'm getting the same error. Unfortunately though the reboot doesn't help....

Replied in the Shelly drivers thread.