Shelly Device Handlers for Hubitat

Sure, I get that, GH however isn't that smart...

2 Likes

I guess he will have to use the built-in driver if he wants to use GH with it.

1 Like

what about the NTP time server setting time.google.com preference in the driver? could that be messing with GH?

No -- that is for setting the time on the device -- has no bearing on GH or Amazon Echo.

Does the switch work in GH at least?

yes works as expected, maybe the error is nothing to stress over. I just had a hub lockup the other night so thought i would investigate any errors in the logs. i doubt thats what locked it up tho

How often is the error logged ?

roughly 3-6 times an hour, not always the exact timestamp

So its not hammering the hub like every second....?

not even close

Ok then its not my driver or the device that locked the hub up.

1 Like

in the screenshot i posted above you can get an idea of the frequency

ya its not the driver or device

1 Like

i really didnt think it was but wanted to get to the bottom of it, dont like the red in the logs lol

2 Likes

@Evilborg

Are there any benefits to using your driver's compared to stock hubitat for a shelly 1 switch? Other than being able to update firmware (which I like).

That depends on what your needs are. My drivers mimic what the phone app and built in web server offer so if you use those 2 often then my driver would be better to use.

The HE drivers offers basic control... off/on

1 Like

What is the best way to refresh the status of Shelly 1 and Shelly 2.5?
I use them to turn on lights manually from the physical switch on the wall and also by the phone/rule in Hubitat.
When I use phone/rule I can see in the dashboard that the switch has "ON" status.

The problem is when I use physical switch on the wall. The light turns on but it looks like the switch doesn't send the status to HE or maybe dashboard doesn't refresh the status..

What's the best way to have always updated status in the dashboard?

1 Like

2 options

1. Use the System Hubitat driver, it is not a refresh but an ON and OFF send to Hubitat. The status is changing very fast on the dashboard.
    Refresh of the status is impossible with this driver --> UPDATE: Fixed in Hubitat Elevation Platform update 2.2.4
  2. Use the community driver and work with maker API to refresh the status each time you switch the device.
5 Likes

I suggest Maker API -- you can use the url to refresh the device each time you flip the wall switch.

4 Likes

Why? Is the community driver better than original?

The original driver IS the community one... I wrote those. The HE ones were added over a year later.

To answer your question though... it's all how you look at it and decide which one you want to use.

2 Likes