Shelly Device Handlers for Hubitat

Short answer is that Shelly Motion sensors can call/visit a link when motion is triggered. Hubitat Rule Machine can have a visit to a link as a trigger.

Below are all the steps I follow to make this happen. It includes a few unnecessary but good overall steps

How to Setup a Shelly Motion Sensor

• Find the Sensor with Shelly app
  • Find the Sensor in Router, rename (Sensor Motion X ) and set Static IP
  • Connect Motion Sensor to Hubitat
    • Create a Virtual Motion Sensor in Hubitat to correspond to this device
    • Create a Rule triggered by Local End Point Hubitat Rule Machine.
    • Create the corresponding Motion Lighting app action.
  • Setup Motion Sensor Settings by visiting it’s IP Address
    • Update Firmware if needed
    • Adjust Motion Blind Time. Default is set to 2 and set the lights to close after 3 minutes, but this could be different at different rooms.
    • Restrict Login and save Login details in Lastpass.
    • Confirm that cloud is disabled.
    • Add Local Link in Motion Detected (usually in Dark and Twilight)
    • Remove Make Device Discoverable
    • Rename Device. Use the same name as in the Router & Hubitat.
7 Likes

Has anyone managed to get one of the new Shelly Plus 1PM relays working? Just tried to use the Shelly Wifi Switch driver like I did for a previous Shelly 1PM (non Plus) and it wouldn't find the device when I entered the IP address.
I did noticed that the Shelly Plus is saying that its using channel 0 where as the non plus relay is using channel 1. Not sure if thats relevant.
Anyone else had any luck with these? thanks

Ya I have been busy with doing a rebuild here of my sound/movie system and havent had the chance to finish the code for the 1pm plus. Sorry

3 Likes

All good. Nice to know its on your radar at least :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, I want to read temperature of shelly 2.5 but I see it is not possible??

Thanks

An update here. I found the limitation of doing this with Local End Points.

What I tried to:

• Trigger a Motion Sense Event with Local End Points (Works like a charm)
  • Add Close lights in 5 minutes if no further Motion is Detected (The challenging part)

Shelly has a Motion Blind Time (lowest 1 minute). This means that If any motion is detected in that 1 minute:

• No motion event is sent to Hubitat
  • The timer is Reset back to 60 minutes

So in the scenario I am trying to build, if there is uninterrupted motion for 5 minutes, a signal is never sent to Hubitat and lights switch off.

Potential Workarounds

Do a End of Motion Detected event, and connect it to a different Local End Point. I think this also needs an extra step (i.e. action close lights, or turn this sensor to Y). This solution will probably work but it's Messy

I will look again into using the Shelly Drivers instead of the Local End Points as that is probably a more straightforward way to do it.

Know nothing off this but just from your message could you do this?

Set time out of detector to minimum. Minimum = X

Have a virtual motion device.

Used your local end point rule to set virtual motion device to activate.

Then have a wait for elapsed time of X + 2 seconds.

Then have a set virtual motion device to de active.

Then you can use the virtual motion detector to do what ever.

Each time the rule fires it will set the motion to active. If no event is received for more than the sensor setting + some it will go inactive.

This (with some tweaking if needed) will most probably work - but I think it falls in the Messy solution category (I have 15+ Shelly Motion Sensors and 12 Konnected ones)

Missed this, that would stop the rule from resetting the counter. So stops my idea from working anyway.

1 Like

Newish here. I have successfully installed four Shelly 2.5 modules to control mains powered Somfy shades, sincere thanks to Scott Grayban and Allterco for providing the Hubitat integration. Basic functions and scheduling are working great.

I'm able to create Dashboard tiles for the shades but their status icon is only shown as "On", the various other statuses from the driver code windowShade.value like: closed, closing, open, opening, partially open, don't come through. Yes I'm using the "Shade" dashboard template.

Is there an easy fix for this?

Many thanks,

• Dave R.

It works with Shelly PLUS 4pm Driver.

ok thanks will give that a try

It does work but I don't see the power reading.
Do you see that on yours?

Yes I do. Are you sure you have 1PM not just 1 version?

Will the plus 4pm driver work with the 1 Plus?

It works perfectly with the 4pm driver

Yes It is the plus version.

Yes

I’m having an issue and looking for some help.
I am using a Shelly Plus 1 with the 4 PM driver.
I can toggle the light on and off through hubitat but it does not report back that the switch is on or off. If I manually poll or refresh it will update.

What could be wrong?

Its most likely that this driver doesnt manage synchro with device correctly. However there is one workaround for this. Use maker api and add refresh url of HE coresponding device to shelly device (in 1PM its called webhooks) for ON and OFF command. This way, everytime shelly change its status, HE will refresh it status.

What would the refresh URL look like? I see the webhook option when I connect to my Shelly.