Shelly Device Handlers for Hubitat

I use Google home a lot, only for speech commands. The moment you make the decision to work with the cloud I think it is better to use the connection Shelly --> google and not via Hubitat.

Same here, only for speech commands. I expose them to google so they are recognised as switches purely for speech. All rules relating to them are run locally. However I hadn't considered adding the Shelly integration into Google home for speech

Whatever it was that made the status update work, without needing to click refresh, it's reliably worked since.

Hello, everyone!

I'd like to extend an invitation for others to join the driver project.

@Evilborg is still going to lead the project, do code review, and contribute, but it's time to allow others to help.

If you're interested, please contact Scott or me to talk about how you see contributing.

I have had 2 strokes in the past year and half and its time for help.. there are perks to this gig too.

4 Likes

Hi All. Newbie here, I'm afraid. I have successfully managed to get my Shelly Plus 2PM working fine, thanks to @Evilborg drivers. What I am struggling with is my Shelly EM. I am using the Shelly Energy Meter driver v 1.0.1 but I have no idea how to successfully put a tile an a dashboard showing how much energy is being used. Any 'pointers' would be very gratefully received. Many thanks

You might want to post that question in the drivers page, not same author...

Thanks for the suggestion @nclark . I have, however, already posted on there but received no response as yet. I suspect it is me doing something amateurish that is causing the problem and I thought also asking on here on what is a busier forum may yield some tips. Happy to remove from this page though if causing offence to anyone?

1 Like

Ed13 Let me get back to you tomorrow. Friday is full. I will write up guided instructions.

1 Like

Just a reminder that I am giving up my role as the official shelly drivers developer. I will be putting out 1 driver for the Smoke detector next week and that's it unless someone steps up and continues the work. There perks to this gig... you will be getting device for free that might or might not be prototypes but any case you will be getting free shelly devices in exchange for your time.

I will still head the actual github repo and verify the work until I am sure the person taking my place will carry on using the same structure.

Please contact me or @dougroberson if interested otherwise the official drivers will not be maintained or created anymore after this summer.

Thank you for all your work on this. While I do not use many Shelly devices, the ones that I have been able to incorporate into my Hubitat environment have been fantastic. Thank you again!

2 Likes

Hello, anyone here have a walkthrough or even just some tips getting the Shelly H&T Plus connected to hubitat? I am normally pretty good at figuring these things out but this one has me stumped for some reason. I currently have it connected to my home assistant but I will be attempting to add it to hubitat again in the next couple days so any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

You will need a mqtt server or you will need to setup makerapi

Hi Doug,

The start of this thread states that Allterco Robotics took over the ownership of Scott's github repo. I would assume that someone from Allterco Robotics would therefore handle writing the device drivers, and/or work with the Hubitat devs to do so.

I just went looking for a driver for the Shelly Uni, for example, and was puzzled to find that Hubitat has built in drivers for 8 different Shelly devices, but not the Uni.

I'd like to use the Uni to monitor some temperature sensors and a water tank level sensor and I'd like to have that information displayed on one of my Hubitat dashboards. This seems like an obvious use case for the Uni so it also surprised me quite a bit to see several posts along the lines of "I don't see a use for having a driver for this."

Is a driver for the Uni planned? I bought the Uni because the Shelly website shows Hubitat as a supported Hub which led me to believe it would be supported.

1 Like

There is a community driver for the Uni somewhere on the forum, please search for it.

As per my reply on the github issue you also commented on it is still the same answer here.

As for the git repo it was never mine, I had my own and all my drivers for the shelly devices were transferred to that repo.

You have a point, there should be best effort on Shelly's website at Hubitat support, but let's face it, that doesn't sound good does it?:sweat_smile:

@jeremy.akers and @BrunoVoeten - we took ownership of the repo in order to assist Scott with development of the EXCELLENT quality drivers he's created for the Hubitat community.

We (Allterco Robotics) promote native integrations or licensed drivers on the website and work with third party companies where opportunities present themselves.

I (Doug) do my best to support community developed drivers on my own, particularly this one, since only a small number of first gen devices are natively supported.

However, I no longer do any coding - my work doesn't give me a lot of spare time. At home, I have a four year old son and I'm jealous of my family time. Plus, I'm a .NET and JavaScript guy - not Java. I never liked Groovy.

At the end of the day, the priority for Allterco's software programming resources is developing Allterco software.

If there is ever a renewed interest from Hubitat, i will give them all of the support that they need to update their integration.

By that same token, if there is ever a push from the community to continue Scott's work, I will give them all of the support I have given Scott in the past.

4 Likes

@jeremy.akers, go to this post Vote for Shelly UNI - #16 by tomw there is a link that you paste in HPM in INSTALL/FROM URL.

I've been using this driver for some time now and it works perfectly.

3 Likes

Ya sorry I had 2 strokes dude.... all my fault

It's not about you Scott or your stroke, (I feel sorry for you) but about the concept of a company officially declaring support on their website when in reality they are relying on the goodwill of individuals. Official support is when 2 companies have a partnership and they have the commitment to work together. That should give the end user more assurance their setup will continue to work. The situation today is exactly what I mean. Thank God you survived the stoke, but it could just as easily have been different and such a fragile setup is not good for businesses. As an end user I only can hope the people at Hubitat and Shelly will start to talk to each other to create something beautiful for the end-user, the feeling is today only 1 company is willing to do…

3 Likes

Well folks this is it... my last driver for Shelly devices. This is for the Shelly smoke and requires a MQTT broker to function. If you don't want to go that route then you will need to use Maker API to get the status.

Screenshot

https://github.com/ShellyUSA/Hubitat-Drivers/blob/master/PLUS/Shelly-Smoke.groovy

3 Likes