Shelly Device Handlers for Hubitat

What is your setup for heating?

I have 7 Daikin Heatpumps. I use the "Daikin WiFi Split System Hubitat" driver to connect them.
I use the built in "Thermostat Controller" app to control heating times on schedule in winter (spring, autumn too).
I use "Xiaomi contact sensors" on doors and windows and "Weather Station" to measure outside temperatures. When heating, it turns off when a window opens or is open and the outside temp is lower than the target temp. When Cooling, it turns off when the outside temp is higher and the window opens or is open. The doors do the same, but with a 1 minute delay.
I use the google community app to propagate these to google home so I can give voice commands to heat/cool/set temperature etc. Home hubs can be used to set the heatpumps via the touchscreen. Dashboards to easily control the Heating from the computer, Smartphone or Tablet.

When I got the heatpumps they said I could control them via the app or IFTTT.
Well, that's where the hub and its community shine. Fully automated now.
Got electrical heating for the bathroom. Handled by a "Shelly 1" and the HE automation.
I love google home and voice commands, but it is not going to cripple me when my connection goes down :wink:

1 Like

Hello, I am not also using the SHELLYUSA driver, but you make reference to the native driver. I am completely new to Hubitat. Where is this native driver? I do not see it anywhere in my hubitat.

1. The System Hubitat Driver:
    Go to "devices", add a new Virtual device and choose the System driver of your device type

2. The Community Driver;

• go to the GitHub link at top of this post, choose your device, click on "Raw", select and copy all the data in the page
  • go to Hubitat, choose "Drivers Code", add "New Driver", paste all the data and save
  • Add a new Virtual device and choose the User driver of your device type
1 Like

thanks. I am not sure how I missed that. I suppose I did not recheck after the recent Hubitat upgrade.

1 Like

In the latest release Release 2.2.4 Available there is reference to Shelly 1PM using "Shelly WiFi Switch"

Where can we get this Driver please ?
thank you

It would be the "Shelly WiFi Switch" driver that is built into the Hub's firmware.

Many thanks. I applied the Shelly WiFi Switch driver and now have no control over the Shelly1 units.

I have rebooted the devices and can still operate them using the SHelly app but no control using HE. I will shortly upload the logs in case it reveals anything useful.

Even though the Driver has been changed the data below still shows the old driver is in use - I changed the driver at 13:30

State Variables

• Secondary_ssid :
  • icon :
  • powerSource : mains
  • InternalName : ShellyAsASwitch
  • ssid : Devices
  • mac : 8CAAB505F1DF
  • Copyright : © 2020 Allterco Robotics US
  • cloud : true
  • has_update : false
  • Version : 3.0.6
  • DriverStatus : Current
  • UpdateInfo : Up to date
  • cloudConnected : true
  • rssi : -74
  • author : Scott Grayban
  • ip : 192.168.1.108
  • sntp_server : time.google.com
  • Secondary_IP :
  • RelayName : NotSet
  • LastRefresh : 2020/10/05 12:16:43
  • RelayChannel : 0
  • DeviceType : SHSW-1
  • max_power : 0
  • ShellyHostname : shelly1-8CAAB505F1DF
  • DeviceName : Underfloor2

In the Log App 2 is Hubitat@Dashboard it says
app:22020-12-02 17:57:16.647 errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command 'on' is not supported by device. on line 592 (dashboardCmd)

1 Like

Change the driver to "device" then hit clear state and clear schedules. Then change the driver back and save. Whenever you're changing your driver should always clear this stuff out just in case.

1 Like

Thank you Boris, where is clear state and clear schedules ?

Once you change the device driver to "device" and click save you will see them.

1 Like

Thank you Sir, your time and knowledge is appreciated very much. I will let you know.

Updated, I still have the same issue
app:22020-12-02 18:24:34.940 errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command 'on' is not supported by device. on line 592 (dashboardCmd)

1 Like

Does On/OFF work direct in the device?

are you sure you have chosen the correct device in your dasboard tile?

Hello, I am new to all this. I recently bought the Shelly Door/Window2 and not realizing the ShellyUSA Drivers require an mqtt which makes my wishful solution no good. But then I came across this thread. May I ask, do you have the driver version without requiring mqtt you discussed above available?

That device has to use MQTT with Hubitat since the hub does not support CoAP..... OR you can use marker API and use the action urls to accomplish what you want.

2 Likes

Thank you Bruno. The UNderfloor Heating Circuits have worked in the past. I now need to revisit pairing that Shelly1 once more after trying to remove an inactive "Parent" app it removed the child app.

I have two underfloor circuits in this kitchen, one shows a Parent child which I removed by accident, the other does not have the child which does not show the on off switch option and is using the System "Shelly WiFi Switch"

I have the same with another Shelly1 where I can turn it on using the Device panel but not from the Dashboard panel. The Shelly app remains OK through out

I think you are mixing up the 2 available drivers

1. The System Hubitat Driver, works with parent&child device
  2. The Community Driver (author, Scott Grayban) does not work with a child device
    You need to decide what driver you want to use.
    If I was you I deleted the device and start over again, this is for you probably the easiest way to fix your problem, maybe other users have a different opinion

Bruno, I / we may have nailed it.

Deleted both Shelly1 from the dashboard and the device list and added back in first SHelly1 on IP address 192.168.1.107 using the new inbuilt Shelly WiFi driver.

Within the Device list first device added with a child entity Underfloor 1 Channel 1 is added it to the dashboard and the switch can toggle from both elements.

Added in 2nd Virtual Shelly on 192.168.1.108 but the child entity is not added.

Is it a bug or an undocumented feature ?

Can you reboot underfloor2 and then click save preference in your Hubitat device? Be sure you are using the correct username and password (if you used it)

No change Bruno, I am writing to support now as I wonder if this comes down to the Shelly WiFi driver chanel setting having been hard coded. Many thanks for your support.

1 Like