Shelly 2pm Zwave and hubitat not initialising

Recently bought the shelly qubino 2pm wave as the old qubinos worked well with pirs which most smart sensors dont however i cant get it connected to hubitat. Shelly have stated the following:

If the Gateway - platform that is used to connect devices could integrate based on the device's data, there will not be need to wait for new firmware updates of the gateway - platform. The Z-Wave gateway (platform), when programmed correctly, are able to flawlessly integrate any device. This is because all the necessary information is already stored in the device's firmware. However, this integration approach is only used by a very few gateways Hubitat is not one of them.

When we tested these few selected gateways, the Shelly Qubino Wave devices worked perfectly once added to them. We did everything we could from our side to make it work. Unfortunately, most gateways, prefer their own custom methods of integration. This means users have to wait for the right update, and sometimes even another one after that, to make a Z-Wave device work correctly.

We kindly request that you get in touch with the gateway developers to include the integration of these new devices. They've chosen to follow a different path of the recommended one, and it would be helpful for everyone if they could adapt the integration process accordingly.

Any ideas how best to get this working?

2 Likes

Did you try to contact Shelly support?

above is what shelly support emailed

@bobbyD any thoughts on what shelly mentioned?

Any feedback on this issue?

yep, never got them to work no matter what i did. Gave up and sent them back

If I have one I can make a driver for it.

Heck I could make a driver WITHOUT one, but it is much easier if I have it.

Is this it? It is EU only? Wave 2PM (EU)

@baldog when you could not get it to work, could it pair to the hub there was just not a driver for it? If it wont even pair to the hub thats not a driver issue, driver only comes into play after it pairs.

If I am understanding the info from Shelly support correctly, I know exactly what they are talking about. The newer z-wave classes a device can be setup with all sorts of info in it so that a generic driver could just poll the device and then know exactly what it needs to do. For example, I made a tool that can dynamically query the device for all of its settings and then display them on the device page. Unfortunately the only other devices that make use of this that I have seen are Zooz, so I have not had much interest in developing it further.

But anyway.... if the device can pair to the hub I am sure we could make it work.

Yeah wouldn’t even pair sadly for me no matter what I tried

In that case everything Shelly told you makes no sense for your issue that you had. You should be able to pair ANY z-wave device to HE. You may not be able to properly control it afterwards, but it should pair.

Only thing I could think of was the region of the device did not match the selection on the HE radio, I think some regions use different frequencies.

yeah you're probably right. I've learnt not to spend too much time on these things now as it takes over trying to solve the problem!