Shelly 2.5 roller/shutter not working correctly (acting as dimmer switch)

I have integrated some Shelly 2.5 devices with a drivers code that I found on Github.
If I want to control them with Alexa I always have to say ".....living room shade 100%" or "..... shade on" which often causes some issues with rulemachine cause even if its closed it often shows as the device is "on with 0% opened"

I know alexa can control also control shelly devices but I want to use rules and automations and keep everything in one place instead of having multiple ways of controlling one single device.

Is there a way to get the shelly devices show correctly as a roller shutter (also when putting it into groups)?

Not sure about the Shelly module, but I have a Qubino Shutter Module and its driver has a โ€œCalibrateโ€ button. After it has been pressed, the device goes to its minimum and maximum and somehow this allows it to know its position. It also allows setting the position via Alexa, the Dashboard or the device page.

The shelly also has a calibrate button but I'm not sure if thats the case in Hubitat.
But the position isn't the issue. I can set the value from 0-100 and it acts as it should but Hubitat thinks its a dimmer so commands do not work correctly and Hubitat shows it as a bulb.

Ah, so the driver tells Hubitat it is a dimmer instead of a roller shade. Are you using a custom driver?

A custom driver could probably be modified to show it as a roller shade. I have seen some developers do pretty amazing things!

Alternatively, you could setup a virtual roller shade and have RM match the commands to the Shelly dimmer driver.

Yes thats about it. Its a custom driver I got from Github. I'm not a coder so I have no clue how to modify the driver.

I will try to do it like you said with the virtual roller shade.
Maybe this will do the job.

1 Like