"Shelly 1PM Mini Gen3" does not work. Possible too new? Please I need solution! HE C8 Firmware Release 2.3.7.138 Thanks

"Shelly 1PM Mini Gen3" does not work. Possible too new? Please I need solution! thank you

Have you gotten any other Shelly relays to work before? How far did you get with it?

Most here are more advanced than I. Yet, until I got my Plus 1pm working, it didn't work either - if you know what I mean. :grin:

I would imagine anyone would need more info to help.

1. What hub version do you have?
  2. What did you try?
  3. What exactly did not work about it?
  4. Were there any error messages on screen or in logs?

Etc. you may get lucky and someone else tried to pair it and has experience with the device, If not, the above info would be needed to even start helping.

Hi Bob.t. Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I have several Shelly modules running on HE C-8 and also through the HomeKit app I can actuate each switch or dimmer from the Apple devices except the new Shelly 1PM Mini Gen3.
I currently have running: 3x Shelly Dimmer 2x units, 3x Shelly 1 units and a Shelly Plug S. All of these devices are running smoothly on the HE C-8.

Hi JansonJoel. Thanks for getting back to me. I have no problems with Shelly device pairing. Only with the above mentioned model that HE is probably missing the updated Gen3 driver. I have set the IP address the same as the other installed Gen1 and Gen2 Shelly devices and it does not work. With the Shelly Gen1 and 2 there is no problem, everything works.
The HE C-8 is up to date with the latest firmware version 2.3.7.138.

I'd presume you're using the Shelly Switch Relay device for it, and it then may well be too new a device. Though, I'm not sure. . .

Have you tried using the ShellyPlus Generic v1.0.0 driver (despite it not being a Plus model)?

Edit:

Um, that mini IS a Plus model. . . [forehead smack]. Use the HE Package Manager to get and try the ShellyPlus generic driver.

Hello,

I tried to look for device documentation regarding its API:
There seem to be no mentions in API documentation section regadring any Gen3 devices.

A link on the device page itself leads to the Shelly Plus 1PM mini documentation. If to assume this link is correct (the one on the bottom of the page Shelly 1PM Mini Gen3 - All products - Products - Shelly) it might be Gen2 API-wise compatible. If so, you could try a custom driver from this thread for Gen2 device family Shelly Device Handlers for Hubitat - #442 by dmitry.rozovik

1 Like

Good morning Dmitry. Thank you for your reply. I just got back to work... I will test the custom controller this afternoon when I am home and get back with the result. I hope it works.

Hello everyone,
Yesterday I followed the steps in the other thread and everything worked. I loaded the bundle.zip in the HE C-8 and selected to use the driver from the bundle.zip package that I downloaded from your repo and voila!
I leave a link to your repo to make it easier to find for people who have the same problem.
Thank you very much for your help, especially to you, Dmitry Rozovik!

2 Likes

Driver features that may be relevant to your device (FYI):

• input/switch detached mode
  • input button and constact modes support
  • relay temperature sensor
  • "Button controller" app compatible (including tripple push support)
  • shelly scripts support (run, stop, recieve events from scripts, dashboard friendly)
  • "healthStatus " attribute for compatibility with health status monitor app
  • metering thresholds to control device noisiness (in terms of attribute change events frequency)
  • support for password protected devices
1 Like